“A great value near dianeyland resort.”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“A great value near dianeyland resort.”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed four nights starting April 9th.
I am going to break my review down into a few sections. Front office staff,rooms,"breakfast",parking,distance to Disneyland.
FRONT OFFICE-I will start with front office staff. I arrived at the hotel around 2:30 pm and checked in. The older guy behind the counter didn't not greet us with a warm welcome. He was of Indian background and not friendly. Eric is on the night shift and his service is great. I called for more towels and he personally brought them up. The pervious morning I had asked the morning guy for more towels and he did not relay the message to house keeping. If Judy(the manager) reads this please get your employees name badges and training on greeting your customers.
ROOMS-rooms are very basic but include a microwave/small refrigerator(NO FEE). I was told there was a safe in the room and found none. They do hold your items in the front office for you. Shower was clean. Hot water was not a problem. They need to get updated shower curtains with a better
liner. Bathroom switch worked but not as one would think it would work. The switch for "light only" also turned on the fan. The dedicated "FAN" switch did not work at all. PLEASE fix.(room 212)
PARKING-when I arrived parking was not a problem. The lot is small and would be an issue for larger trucks/SUVs.

DISTANCE to DL-Many reviews have said its a 15 minute walk to DL. I would like to update that time to 20-25 minutes. One might be able to walk 15 minutes if they are speed walking. After a full day at DL the walk might not be great for kidsThe price you pay for the distance is a plus in my book.
BREAKFAST-bottom of the barrel type of food. I don't consider it breakfast as the choice of items are donuts,cakes and muffins as packaged in clear wrappers. Coffee,hot coco and OJ is offered. If they added more counter space for cereal cups/breakfast bars(fruit/whole grain) the continental breakfast would be worth it. I suggest bringing your own food and take advantage of microwave and frig.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank DisneyJP
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Swartz Creek MI
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at the Alpine 1 night during Spring Break 2012. We planned a day trip to disney and the location is great -- just a short walk to disney. The other perk is free parking. However.. when we check in late (after 10p,m,) the clerk said it was no problem to leave our vehicle the next day. The next morning when we checked out the morning clerk had a fit that we were leaving our car -- I even told him that I was told this at reservation and check in time. He implied it was "my problem". Honstly I paid $165 including tax and spent less than 10 hours there -- I didn't even use the ice machine. I suggested that the daytime & evening staff should communicate and as a guest their internal staff issues are not issue. The room was fine -- clean and basic. This was a spur of the moment trip for us while in Cali -- If I was to go back I would try another hotel in the same area and just plan ahead. Dealing with an irritable desk clerk while heading into the "Happiest Place on Earth" did not start the day off great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lcavett
Denver
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We planned a very last minute trip to Disneyland during Spring Break when most hotels were sold out or out of our price range for a more expensive suite. Found this place with good reviews online and decided to try it for 3 nights.

We arrived at 10am prepared to drop our luggage and head back out. What a surprise that our room was ready and were given the keys !! The room is basic and the beds a little firm for my taste. The coffee maker and fridge are a huge bonus. There is a 7-11 right on the corner to fill up un water and other basics that are cheaper then buying at the parks.

Don't count on the breakfast to fill you up. Just small basic packaged pastries. My kids got a kick out of the fact they even put out packed cupcakes as well in the morning.

It's an easy 15 minute walk to the gates (we timed ourselves every morning) of Disneyland and California Adventure.

Don't book this hotel with expectations of staying at a higher class hotel but you can't go wrong if you're on a budget.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Msslaydbug
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Alpine Inn was Clean, Cozy and Convenient. Rooms where updated nicely. Came with Small Fridge & Microwave, in room coffee and Coffee, Orange Juice & Pastries in the Lobby. Free Parking and WiFi. We where there for a Volleyball Tournament at the Convention Center and it was only an 8 minute walk to Hall "D", which is like the last Hall on the Convention Center Lot but still only took 8 minutes. Hotel Staff was Very Nice and Professional, rate was great even though I booked last minute. There where more cars there than actual parking spaces but the hotel staff made all cars fit nicely with no one blocked in. 7-11 & ABC Store is a 2 minute walk. Not sure how far of a walk to Disneyland is since we only went to the Convention Center. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank somoman7
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hotel is small, but it's conveniently located and an excellent value for the price. We've stayed at other hotels in the area and this was by far the best room we've stayed in for the price. There are alot of other hotels in the area that want alot more money and their rooms and service are horrible! I will definitely stay there again! The only con I have is that the room didn't have great ventilation so it seemed stuffy when you got back to the room, but that's minor considering the time you spend in the room. This hotel is a hidden gem in the area and I would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family