“Delicious food! ”

IHOP
Get food delivered
Ranked #23 of 240 Restaurants in Alhambra
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

Came here for the French toast, as always they never disappoint. Great, fast amazing service. Food was super fresh and delicious. Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2019

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Always love going to any IHOP. I have never been disappointed. Anything I try is good. Today I had their new spinach and chicken crepe. Good choice. The bacon cheddar omelette was right up there too. Usually restaurants don't give you unlimited specialty coffees. IHOP does. Love it! Iced french vanilla or mocha. Mm-mm. The kids" meal Funny Face (chocolate chip pancake) was HUGE for a child. Of course had to take that one home. Enjoy breakfast any time of day or night. Yes!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 27 March 2016

I needed a place for breakfast and had seen a TV commercial on some kind of new fancy French toast so I decided to try it. Understand I have been in some pretty slummy IHOPs and generally avoid them. Saw a bad one in Portland, one in Canada and most recently in Fort Lauderdale. What they have or had in common was very dirty, worn out seating, food thrown together AND staff who could care less about customers. A new one opened 3 years ago in Kalispell, MT and I did try it and it was good, I attributed it to the lack of jobs in the area and the newness of the building. On 10 year old plus one in Alhambra: manager Jose and his crew are doing terrific work. I think they should be among the top fifty restaurants in the city. This IHOP was spotless, plenty of parking, yes filled with diners on the Saturday before Easter, at 11am. But the efficiency of the front desk in seating people was impressive, the waiting area pleasant and large and the physical plant was in first class shape. An outdoor rear patio is very nice and my food was great. I had two eggs, porkies, hash browns [very fresh and excellent] all cooked exactly right and a salty caramel coffee, and a banana version of French toast that was super. I am still savoring it and in shock on how the whole experience was for me 10 hours later. Yes it is one location in a huge chain, but this one deserves to be visited. The friendliness, patience, efficiency and smiles of all wait staff was refreshing. My waiter Rafael earned a great tip and in answer to my question at this location the server, his or her busboy and a portion to cook is the division of tips and so it does not go into one big pot divided among all regardless of performance. Perhaps that provides an incentive. I did observe teamwork between all wait staff. THIS IS A GREAT IHOP and I will return. I highly recommend it. I am aging I know, but I somewhat resent this new trend of restaurants announcing "we are a no tip establishment", as they have "elected to just add 15-20% onto everything on the menu" so in a sense everyone tips regardless of the service received.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Honestly would give this IHOP a 3.5. Was here for an early dinner before a 6pm engagement. Staff was friendly and not many people. Plenty of parking. Food was quite good, all things considered. I ordered their new ham and cheese waffle panini with fries and my wife a fired chicken sandwich with a rather large side salad. Old woman behind me was complaining that they now pick up the check from your table rather than you paying at the counter. Guess some people have to find something to complain about.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Nice patio. Good Service. Okay food. As usual for IHOP, too crowed - but for a reason. Plenty of off-street parking. Ate there a couple of times.

Date of visit: April 2015