“Beautiful Welcoming to California”
Review of Albion River Inn

Albion River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Albion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This was the first time I'd ever been to Cali, my partner and I work together and I was photographing and filming for his new album. Whilst on the road we needed somewhere to stay, and drove through the beautiful quiet village of Albion. Turning up rather impromptu, we spoke to the lovely lady who looks after the entire place and managed to get a room at cabin number 6. It blew my mind, walking in there and seeing such an incredible view coming from our balcony. I didn't want to leave Albion, I was so inspired and taken over by the tranquility there. We managed to get some filming and shots taken just form the balcony itself, and spent almost every evening making friends with the locals and eating at the River Inn Restaurant (with the most amazing seafood!). Having lived in London, England for the past 5 years, waking up to the sound of the ocean and pure blue surf and sky was so nice. Wrapped up warm in bed, with the fire burning was just right for me. During the day time we would drive up to surrounding neighbourhoods and drive along the windy coastal roads. The kind owners even lets us do our laundry there if we wanted to! The River Inn service was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't fault it at all!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2012

If there was ever a calming place to stay, the Albion River Inn is the place to be! The rooms are lovely and the view from the decks is FANTASTIC! I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff, especially Sherry (sp) in the front office. She always greeted me with a smile. Be aware that there are no TVs in the rooms and no cell service, although the inn has complimentary Wi-Fi. I wasn't that impressed with the restaurant food, but the staff was welcoming and friendly. I do like that breakfast is included in the room rate and is only served to guests of the inn. I hope to return to the inn very soon!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We have stayed at the Albion River Inn several times and have always loved it. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable and well-appointed. The wood-burning fireplace and the small deck overlooking the ocean just add to the cozy feel. The restaurant has excellent food, great wine list and a very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms 19 or 20 have always been our favorites.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We decided to visit the Mendocino coast by way of the Napa and Anderson Valley on HWY 128 for a long weekend. This is a terrific ride on a sunny day and we left with the top down in January! We took a leisurely drive along the edge of Lake Berryessa and then onto Napa/Sonoma for some wine tasting. We stopped at Hendy Woods off Hwy 128 at Philo for a return visit to the huge Sequoia trees preserved there in the two groves 1/2 mile off the main route. After a nice but cool January walk, we headed out through the Anderson Valley and finally to the Albion River Inn in Albion. This is a terrific property with a friendly staff and great ocean views from every cottage. The rooms are clean and simple; no TV's so take note if that is a deal breaker. Some of the rooms have real wood fire places others are gas. The room we had was #16 which was a mid-priced room. There are rooms with slightly better amenities; Jacuzzi tubs with a window view of the ocean which I initially tried to book but it was just taken moments before. All of the cottages have decent views, 16 was nice as it was also close to the restaurant where a complete and complimentary breakfast is served. The restaurant has a very good breakfast menu and is one of the better dinner houses in the area. We had the Prawns on our first night and they were delicious! There was also a nice complimentary bottle of wine in the room which is a nice touch. There were two soft and cozy bath robes as well. I am sure there are many nice places to stay in this area but this was a good value for the price paid. We had the good fortune of meeting the owner of this fine place at the bar inside the restaurant. He bought me a drink and we got to talking about Sacramento and the Mendocino coast. Turns out this gentleman is a very nice and warm hearted guy and it was a delight talking with him. Would I go back? Yes!

Room Tip: You can view pictures of the interior of the cottages online at the website.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil32999
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in the Mendocino area and this is definitely my favorite. The rooms are very peaceful, private and have lovely views. The dining room is delightful and a wonderful breakfast is served as part of the rate. I am always looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I have stayed in are lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albion
22.3 km away
5.5 km away
Cobbler's Walk Mendocino
Cobbler's Walk Mendocino
#2 of 8 in Little River

Been to Albion River Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK