“It's O.K.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
Ashland
“It's O.K.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I got this room at a sale price and at a lower rate, it's o.k. Very basic furnishings, no toiletries. The location requires that you have a car. It's off in a corner of Alameda. There is a kitchenette and a market nearby, so if cooking for yourself is a high priority, you'll like that convenience. No pool. It is close to one of the Alameda tunnels to Oakland, so it's a fast trip to make freeway connections. This hotel has absolutely no personality. It's big plus is that there's a lovely walking path along the marina and it is quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Constance976
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We offer basic amenities in each of our guest rooms; however, this does not include items like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc. Instead, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates.

I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. I had high hopes from the website. The pictures made it look like a nice place to stay. When I booked on the website I requested a non-smoking room and when we arrived we were given the complete opposite. It reeked of cigarettes! Not only that, there were smudges and little hairs on the sheets. I complained to the front desk and they gave us a fresh set of sheets and sprayed the room. They didn't have any non-smoking rooms available. I had to speak to the manager about getting a discounted rate, but I felt this should have been offered at the very least. The staff did make amends in the end and gave us a non-smoking room for the 2nd night and a discounted rate, however it was too little too late. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it. If you do decide to stay here I suggest calling ahead to make sure they give you the type of room you want.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. I am truly sorry.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. It is clear that we did not uphold our standards.

We will use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I can assure you that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Travellers are raving about these Alameda hotels

newhall, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I had a wonderful experiance staying at this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. You have the options of enjoying your own home cooked meal in the kitchen that is provided, or simply a 5 minute walk to the resturant of your choice. The rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and flat screen tv's with pleanty of channels to choose from. My best experiance was dealing with the manager Kerri Keith. She went the extra mile to provide a comfortable and safe enviroment to our family. I strongly recommend this hotel on your next visit to the bay!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank anthony d
Anthony - Thank you so very much for taking time to write such a glowing review about our hotel and to recognize Kerri, the General Manager. The entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of this company, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

Great little getaway! Our stay was comfortable, relaxing, wonderful.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank FredoHarvin
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at the Extended Stay America – Oakland Alameda Marina. Our hotel and team is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we’d love to see you here again.
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Our stay was a bad experience from location to the surly front desk folks to the condition of the room to the freeway noise. The best news was that our car was still there in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
1.4 km away
0.8 km away
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
7.7 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK