“Everything I've Come To Expect At Hampton Inn!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alameda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Medford, Oregon
“Everything I've Come To Expect At Hampton Inn!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Needed a clean , comfortable well appointed room in an area I was not all that familiar with that afforded me easy access to Berkely and into Oakland and San Franciso...so I went with The Hampton Inn-Oakland Airport and was not disappointed! Even the jet noise was not bothersome. I would come back.

• Stayed April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Pensacola FL
Reviewed 25 March 2012

As usual, Hampton Inn delivers remarkably consistent, high quality rooms. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns around the country, and they never fail to provide the utmost in cleanliness, comfort and a level of luxury. This hotel is located away from the hustle and bustle in a quiet business park across from open fields complete with wildlife, yet it is just a few minutes from Alameda, maybe 30 minutes from San Francisco. It is 10 minutes to the Oakland Airport. The breakfast offered is varied and substantial; you can have waffles, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt and fruit juices plus coffee. An excellent value for the money. Just knowing that the carpet in your room is spotless, your duvet cover is washed daily and your pillows are like clouds makes for a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Coffeebuff
Maui
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was very dubious when booking this hotel because the address is in Alameda. To me, Alameda is an island with it's share of bad traffic getting in and out. However, what I found was that this hotel is literally 5 minutes away from the rental car return at Oakland Airport. Most excellent location for an early departing flight.

The staff was kind and accommodating. We checked in really late and our check in process was exceptional.

The room was large and comfortable, the bedding was comfortable. Everything was clean, nothing out of place.

The free breakfast was awesome, they even had take away bags for those who had to rush out to catch a flight.

Since I am a Hilton employee, I cannot comment on room cost, of course, my cost was unbelievably low and thank goodness for Hilton taking care of their employees like that.

Highly recommended to anyone needing a clean airport hotel, close enough for a time saver, just far enough away for some quiet solitude.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lauraloha
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I am compelled to write a review on our very short stay here March 2nd because of the front desk girl, whose name I didn't even get! We were on a very short overnight arriving late and leaving early with our family...we were up and ready for the van before the continental breakfast was served, which with small children was a bummer. The desk clerk was super cheerful, called the van, then proceeded to grab some quick food items for my children to take with us because we would miss the breakfast service!! Wow, I was quite impressed and grateful that so early in the morning she would go out of her way to help without us asking.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AKFamTravel
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My friends and I booked this hotel for my friends' wedding in 2011. Despite it being close to year since I've been there, I still remember hoew great this hotel is. It is close to the Oakland Aiport yet not noisy. It is it the Bay Farm area of Alameda, a cute, peaceful island. It is overlooking the Bay so, the views are great. If only I had time, I would run by the harbor. The bed is cozy and comfortable, I love the free coffee by the lobby and the breakfast buffet is superb -- real bacon, potatoes, scrambled eggs and a waffle maker. Wish all hotels can be as great as them.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mariessima
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alameda
6.5 km away
6.8 km away
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK