“Best Bloody Marys and Great Breakfast”
Review of HobNob

HobNob
Ranked #37 of 281 Restaurants in Alameda
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

They open at 10 on weekends and this is favorite spot for my husband and me to drop in for breakfast when I’m in the mood for the best Bloody Marys or he wants a chocolate chip pancake - which are available as half orders. Good egg dishes too. For waffles, it’s Oles all the way. But did I mention Hob Nob makes a great Bloody Mary? And of course champagne and mimosa. But back to Bloody Mary’s - big olives, celery, good amount of spicy. Yummmmm. And while it looks like a bar, it’s very family friendly and kids are welcome. I think they have table games too.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Arrived in Alameda via a cross country, very early morning flight. Joined family for brunch at this lively, cute place. Bloody Mary's and french fries were amazing. Since I had breakfast on the plane, I was dying for a good burger which was recommended by the waitress. Wanting to be "good," I ordered a side salad to accompany and when the waitress asked how I liked my burger, I said medium plus... The burger & salad on the same plate looked great. However, as I moved to the burger, it was a little under cooked and the salad dressing had made part of the bun soggy. Would definitely go back and would even order another burger -- I would just order it medium well and ask for the salad on a separate plate.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Booze and board games are the primary gimmicks here, but the big surprise is the kitchen. I had a pepper crusted salmon entree that was perfectly cooked and had a flavor balance that spoke of a really sophisticated understanding. Some of the new places in Alameda are really upping the food game around here and this is definitely one of them. We spent a delightful 2 hours eating great food, sipping crafty cocktails and playing 80's Trivial Pursuit which wasn't my choice and I lost but still had a blast.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We stopped by HobNob for drinks after an evening out and walking back to our friends place nearby. There was an excellent selection of beer and wine plus cocktails. My companion had a Moscow Mule and I had a beer. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient.

We enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We come often and love the neighborhood feel of Hob Nob... it's a special Alameda place, well worth your visit!

Been to HobNob? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK