“The Best Chinese Food Around”
Review of Mandarin Express

Mandarin Express
Ranked #30 of 100 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Don't get me wrong, when I usually see a restaurant with over 300 items on their menu, I become incredibly hesitant; however, when almost every one of those 300 items is delicious, a big exception can be made. First of all, the service is always superb. The owners Kim and Dan are some of the most hospitable people you will ever meet. From the moment you walk in, you feel like a welcomed guest in someone's home. On top of the amazing hospitality, the food is outstanding. The ingredients are always fresh and are somehow put together in the most imaginative ways. For example, during my last visit I ordered the Argentine Tofu (as Kim recommended it), and I can surely say it was the best tofu dish I've ever had. Also, if you are vegetarian/ vegan, the restaurant has plenty of options for you as they have homemade meat substitutes for almost every dish. Another bonus is that they deliver!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

The title of this review says it all! Really, the best Chinese food I have ever had! Do I know the price...no because I was lucky enough for my boss to take me, & my co-workers for lunch! I did take home a menu. It is the same as most Chinese restaurants with $11.95- $18.95 being most of the range on the menu. The place is clean, plenty of parking in the center, & family owned! Great service..seriously, you will not be disappointed! Try the pot stickers, & veggie rolls. Then, if you were are in a group of 4, as we were. I recommend getting the group share platters. You will love everything you try! The rice is cooked to perfection, the shrimp fresh, the vegetables just right, etc.

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

The food in this place is consistently spectacular and the delightful owners, Kim and Dan, are people whose business you will want to support.

Our vegetarian daughter absolutely loves the mock dishes. We love everything else.

We are happy to pay a little more for food of such freshness and high quality.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

As often as we eat here, we are impressed by the freshness, creativity and great taste of the food. Dan and Kim run a fine restaurant in a simple setting. Don't be put off by the strip mall. This is great Chinese-fusion cuisine.

1  Thank rlip
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We were looking for a place in our neighborhood where we've never eaten and saw the other positive reviews. I've parked in this lot a hundred times and never once considered eating at Mandarin Express. Unique menu offerings and nothing like a typical strip mall Chinese take-out. Outstanding food and service. Looking forward to going back and trying other dishes!

1  Thank kann61