“Awesome getaway!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alpine
Hannagan Meadow Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My wife and I had wanted to stay at the Lodge for several years. The last time we had reservations there, so much snow fell nobody could get in or out. This time around, we had perfect timing. Skies were crystal clear, with 2-3 feet of snow to play in!
Tina and John made us feel welcome, and part of their 'family' and added so much to our stay, that to go without thanking them personally would be a mistake.
I am a self-professed gadget freak, and the thought of going without TV or a cellphone signal had me thinking twice about going. I must admit, however, that I was so tired at the end of a day of playing in the snow that I couldn't even stay up until 8 PM! We're planning another stay this summer so we can hike the area, which remains BEAUTIFUL!!
The fire came close to the area of the lodge, but when you step out your front door, all you can see are beautiful green pines!
I would say that the only thing I can't recommend is a short stay. There is probably something for everyone at Hannagan Meadow Lodge, but you won't know unless you go!
Don't forget to bring a camera.

Room Tip: My wife and I stayed in a cabin. The lodge rooms, though, are beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amedic
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hannagan Meadow Lodge

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Hannagan Meadow has been a destination wish for years with thoughts there may be a connection with my Hannagan relatives. At dusk we arrived in our rental car with a fresh blanket of snow everywhere. A small herd of elk grazed along the road into the area. John guided us into a safe parking spot while Tina prepared a delicious soup. With all fireplaces blazing, we cozied up to the fire and enjoyed our evening. John and Tina are wonderful hosts! The food, wine, games and our comfortable room made this adventure a very memorable experience. Of course, I loved the history of the area. Thank you for sharing the scrapbooks with all of the articles and photographs, John and Tina. Happy New Year.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue F
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We did not stay in the hotel but for a cold traveler the restuarant service and food was great. Its a very scenic area and the decor was cool!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Nice area but the cabins need some work. We stay every year in December and the price go up each year. It be nice if they put some money back into it. Not any more than a hunting cabin. Snow is never plowed in parking lot. Manager was very nice. Had good time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We recently made a repeat visit to historic Hannagan Meadow Lodge, and our only regret is that we couldn’t stay longer. The manager, Tina, and her assistant, John, both made us feel like old friends, while making sure that our stay was enjoyable in all respects. They also demonstrated their culinary skills with some of the best trout and pancakes we’ve ever tasted. The rooms are clean and plain with modern plumbing. The larger rooms in the main building provide more elbow room, while the smaller ones are quite suitable for sleeping. The lodge also has 2 or 3 areas for fireside lounging. Speaking of fires, the Wallow Fire came within a few hundred yards of the back of the lodge, but from the front, looking across into Hannagan Meadow there was no evidence of fire. We drove more than 50 miles of back roads in the surrounding forest, and although the fire covered over 500,000 acres, it skipped over a large fraction, so there were plenty of beautiful green vistas. We’re looking forward to our next visit, and the next, and . . . . .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SackOut

Been to Hannagan Meadow Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK