All reviews waffle house economy hotel waffles would stay again comfortable bed within walking distance bedding
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Houskeeping started POUNDING on doors at 7:15AM - guess they wanted everyone out so housekeeping staff could go home early.

Manager, Brenda, made all kinds of excuses and THEN LIED and said I must be mistaken about the time. Oh really? When I called to complain, front desk said manager would be there at 8 am, she didn't show up until 10. So...who's not telling the truth.

Who the heck cares?!? STOP knocking on doors!!! If you don't want people to stay there to sleep, then close!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Brenda W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the housekeeping department on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with corporate office to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Auburn.

Kind regards,

Brenda Wilbanks
Econo Lodge Auburn
334-826-8900

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I usually don't sign up for anything or write reviews, but in order to write the review I had to sign up the TripAdvisor app. My husband and I along with the children checked in this hotel due to an early morning appointment. It was about 10:45pm and at 12am we decided that we might should pay (in cash) for another nights stay just in case. Well after everything thing was done around 1pm the next day we saw no need to stay. So we go to check out and get a refund... But no here comes the run around. Even though she (front desk clerk/later found out she was the GM) was polite she couldn't authorize giving the money back or even partial refund. I have heard of early out fees but nothing? The GM clickty clack, clickty clack sending emails making calls etc. So I decided to be proactive and call coroperate office myself... well that was a bust. They said it was at the discretion of the franchise's GM which turned out to be the lady at the front desk... and kept transferring me to reservations! Well I asked to speak with the CEO Patrick Pacious and was told that they can not give out his number. WHAT!! not even a voicemail!?? Really! All I wanted was a refund or partial refund due to we were not staying another night! I didn't complain about the burns on the sink and tub, dirty comforters or stopped up tub. I just wanted to leave. Meanwhile, I finally get someone in customer care who was not in reservations. Explained the situation and that I was a veteran, she says it at the discretion of the the GM of the franchise again. Put me on hold called the front office and the last at the desk AND THAT LADY SAID SHE WILL NOT GIVE ME a refund because I didn't ask for a late check-out! I will NEVER EVER stay at another choice hotel property EVER!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2018

It is generally hard to find a clean, safe and cheap economy hotel while traveling. This hotel is an exception to the rule. The room was clean and remodeled with excellent cable TV, a nice bath/shower with plenty of hot water and new bedding (albeit lousy pillows). The economy breakfast was also better than expected with surprisingly edible hot eggs, waffles, etc and typically weaK coffee. Staff was friendly and helpful. I wish all Economy Lodges were like this place.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room. Hotel is an older property but nicely renovated...generally these rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Brenda W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Brenda Wilbanks
Econo Lodge Auburn
334-826-8900

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I don't think I have ever written a totally negative review, but this place takes the cake. This was move-in week for college and this hotel was pretty much the only one with vacancy, and no wonder at that The rooms are "No Smoking", but as is obvious from the stale stench, that rule is little regarded by the usual patrons. Large groups of men were congregated outside the lower storey rooms (with the room doors left open), well into the night. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the bathroom, but when I pulled back the sheets to go to bed, there were clots of blood and crusty stuff on the sheets. Not stains that did not wash out, but straight-up blood and whatever the other was. It was obvious the sheets had not been changed. When I went to the office (I had to physically go as they will not answer the phone) to let them know, I was told by the night clerk, "the maids usually do a good job". Not an apology. They did change me to another room, but she only apologized--and grudgingly so--after I mentioned none was given. I also questioned how I would know the sheets in the new room had been changed and she said I was welcome to look at them--but not in a nice way. The sheets in the new room were clean, but there was a dead cricket that had obviously been there awhile. Although cheap, you absolutely will not get what you pay for here, and the attitude and customer service is non-existent--at least with the night clerk. I would value a night here at about $7.50. Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay away from the whole place
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank offthechains
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We have mostly stayed in Choice brand hotels on our USA road trip, and at different price points, most have been very good but this one definitely needs a deep clean. Room was ok but outside corridors are grubby. Room was quiet and comfortable bed, great eating options within walking distance. The manager that welcomed us was excellent, the lady that was on breakfast duty was very distant and did not want to talk or be helpful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple