“Saved the day!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Upon using Google to search for nearby Holiday Inn Suites, I (ignorantly) called the phone number for what I thought was the Holiday Inn Res line. When the female on the phone told me it was the last suite and that there were none available an hour down the road, I confirmed THREE times that it would be a room with 2 queens and 1 sofa bed because we were 3 adults and 2 children. When I arrived to my room, I realized I'd been hood-winked! I called reception and the wonderful Daniel answered my call! He told me that I'd booked through a third party, that my res was for 2 queens only and that it showed 4 guests instead of 5. Immediately he checked for an available suite- and when he found none, he brought a roll abed in less than 5 minutes! He helped counsel me through a refund from "getaroom.com" which was also noted as hotel planner.com. He saved the day by working with me and the getaroom.com people to save the $51 service fee they charged for making a res. Getaroom (and other companies) take your charge you upfront (no refunds) and then pay the Hotel with their own card. The only reason they gave a refund was that I insisted that their rep assures me a suite. DANIEL was amazing! He was extremely sympathetic and supportive!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
OmegaHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello!

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I was very happy to assist you during the challenges you faced with your third party reservation and making sure we could accommodate you to the best of our abilities. I hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you're in the Athens area, and again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Daniel H.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

After a long day on the road, we were disappointed with the Best Western - Athens, where we had guaranteed reservations. Mercifully, the young man at BW Reception cancelled our reservation and suggested the Holiday Inn Express - Athens. What a pleasant alternative! Although ten years old, this has been recently renovated and seemed new.

Our #127 KNS was clean and comfortable. Our room featured a chaise, desk, drawer and closet units, refrigerator with freezer compartment, and microwave. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bath was functional with shower and ample counter space.

Within walking distance was Logan's Roadhouse and Ruby Tuesday so we didn't have to drive to dine. Breakfast consisted of the basic pancake machine and hot sides as well as pastries, cereal, and fruit.

We would rate this higher than #5 in Athens Alabama. We were pleased.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello!
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This is my 3rd year staying at this hotel. They have made updates in the lobby and the rooms. The rooms are nice and always clean. They offer a free breakfast. Very hospitable. We checked in with a large group of us and they were extremely nice. I didn't get in the pool this year. Some quest from last year said the pool was smaller but updated. Will stay there next year if we come back. If i had to say something bad, I would say I could hear thru the wall a little bit. Not enough to brother us.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
OmegaHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We love hearing from our guests as it helps us to constantly improve our customer service. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay again this year, and we do we hope you'll choose us again next year.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We came to this hotel after a very poor experience right across the street this hotel knows hospitality Candi at the front desk got us well acommodated for a mistake she didnt even make, the room was excellent, the banannas at breakfast even had nice things written on them @ Shelia im hard to impress when it comes to breakfast and Shelia went above and beyond

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
OmegaHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Hello! Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy that you were so impressed with Sheila's service. We all work very hard to offer the best stay possible for our guests, and we are glad we accomplished that with you. I will make sure Sheila hears about your comments, and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We walked in with no reservation and they had a room which we were grateful for since we had checked other hotels and couldn't find a room.
The hotel was being renovated in several areas. The paint/glue smell was quite strong even on upper floors. The breakfast area had 'designated walkways' since the tile was being installed the day we were there. The elevator sounded unsafe (took once used stairs rest of time). The a/c was noisy in our room compared to some we’ve had in HIE and also we had noise from the ‘freeway’ which could be heard over the a/c (lots of noise)
The beds were comfy/clean, but would have slept much better without the noise. 
Rate was reasonable

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from freeway...and one with a quiet A/C
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
OmegaHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Hello!

Thank you so much for the review. We love hearing all feedback from our guests as it helps us to constantly improve our customer service. I would like to apologize for the issues you faced while staying with us, and please know that all of the issues have been addressed and resolved. Now that our renovation is complete, we hope you will stay with us again in the future, should you be in the area.

Thank you.