US$ 116
HIExpress.com
All reviewsan extended stay hotelfront deskone nightquiet at nighta great place to stayqueen bedquiet locationlobby areathe entire staffpleasant staywould stay here againwalking distancewalmartmicrowavetargetfloridacollege
Reviewed 23 May 2017

After charging me three times for my room, and springing a $75 non-refundable pet fee, when I was not informed of the fee when making my reservation, I was able to stay in a room with no cold water (tepid at best and hot, but no cold) and an air conditioner that sounded like a playing card was pinned to the blower cage. If it had not been so late, and I so tired, I would have asked for another room. Parking was limited and I was lucky to get a spot. I was told that after turning on the ice maker in the room, I would have ice in 20 minutes. There was two ice cubes in the bucket when I awoke in the morning.
On the up side, the room was secure, clean, and well appointed. When I checked out I informed the desk of the deficiencies I observed, and all I got was a "Thank you." The extra charges were finally reversed, but why should someone have to go through this on vacation? I will never stay at this property again.

Stayed: May 2017
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We strive to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stay and use your comments to ensure that corrections are made to prevent this in the future. It was our pleasure to refund your charges because our guests are important to us. We hope your will give us another opportunity to show how much we care and value your business. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

A pleasant stay. We stopped here overnight on our way to New Orleans. Didn’t have an opportunity to enjoy all the amenities, but the room was pleasant, quiet and they have free fresh coffee 24/7 in the lobby area.

I am a frequent business traveler and I can see myself enjoying an extended stay here if I am ever in the area for business, especially with the kitchen in the room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us on your way to New Orleans. We are glad you enjoyed our accommodations. Hopefully next time you can stay longer or stay with us while on business. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

As a business traveler I stay in hotels for 6-8 weeks at a time. This place is in the top 3 I have stayed across the country the entire staff is great excluding GM who is now gone the housekeeping staff is the best I've had. They notice little things I do and take care of it just a great place to stay

Room Tip: All rooms have 2burners and full refrigerator dishwasher garbage disposal
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us. Our staff strives to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their accommodations. We hope you come back to see us again.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We travel to Alabaster 1 - 2 time a year to visit our son. We normally stay here because it is a pet friendly hotel. In the past everything was great about this hotel, however, I was disappointed with this stay. The people were very nice except for the fact that the remote in our room did not work. It was taken down to the front desk and we were told that they had no spares, no batteries and that maintenance would be up shortly to check it out. The next day we took it down again and was told the same thing. We stayed 3 nights and never did see anyone to help us with the remote. So me may thing this is petty however, we have a special needs daughter and this is her entertainment. I also went down to the front desk to inquire about making sure that the charges were on my credit card and not my wife's, who made the reservations. The lady at the desk told me that the charges were already applied and that nothing could be done. Other times I have reserved with a card and paid cash and have done this a many other hotel chains. When we got home we checked my wife's credit card and the charges had not been placed on it. We also requested a room on the end of the hotel where the pet walking area was on a lower floor. We were assured that is where our room was. When we got there the room was on the top (4th) floor on the opposite end of the hotel. This may sound very petty to some of you but working on a budget these were serious items for us. We are debating staying here again or finding another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Guest ,
I apologize for the issues encounter during your last stay with us . As you know from your previous experiences with us , this is not how we typically treat our guests. When time comes for your next visit , please contact me directly and I will make sure all of your needs and requests are met .
Costel Hofman

Reviewed 28 December 2016

I booked a room here for my son and his family to stay on Christmas Eve. I was double billed and the management refused to correct their error! Now I have to go to my bank to dispute the charges!

CW Suites, don't bother with your standard "apology". I booked 1 room for 1 night, I was billed for 2 rooms and you refused to correct it. I hope others read this review and find somewhere else to stay.

If I sound upset, GOOD! Because I AM!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank joelburkhart
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear Guest ,
You are right , I hope others are reading this review and understand that you omitted some important facts about the issue :
-you made a reservation through a 3rd party in an effort to save a few dollars . That 3rd party made it clear to you that the reservation you made was NON-REFUNDABLE , even if you cancel it . You choose to give a bad review to our hotel for no reason. Your "upset feelings " are directed to the wrong party . The reservation you made with the hotel was consumed and charged without an issue .
I recommend in the future to you or for any travelers to make the reservations through the hotel direct or to pay attention to the fine print these "middlemen " are putting out .
An apology( standard or otherwise ) from our part is not required .