“Wonderful Hotel! Awesome staff!”

Candlewood Suites Alabaster
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alabaster
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Was there over a busy weekend with a wedding. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were huge and very clean. Free movies and popcorn and big kitchens were great for kids. The little store in hotel was good but did not have pet food, for a pet friendly hotel that was strange. Near stores and restaurants. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Quiet location above the shopping center. Front rooms have nice view of trees and hills.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Thank Mendyinthebigcity!

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This is an excellently kept hotel, friendly staff, very good facilities. The room is comfortable and clean. But in this day, tub showers are out of date and, although I don't need "handicap accessible" but in our 60's we are more comfortable with a walk-in shower. This is only reason I give it a 4 instead of 5.

Also it's location is a bit "tricky" to get to, with today's smart phones & GPS devices it was good.

This hotel met our expectations and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

I can't remember if I have ever stayed in a Candlewood Suites before, but after this stay I will be whenever I get the chance. Let's see: the bed was divine; the staff friendly and helpful especially in getting oriented on how things work there; free laundry available; miscellaneous food and stuff area available (for purchase); gym; and the room itself was spacious, clean and comfortable. Is there anything else you really need? Excellent!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I would suggest you never use this as a place to stay...I think a 75 dollar fee is outrageous for a pet fee,,and we were not of this prior to our reservation..when we complained to someone in your complaint center the man laughed at my husband..I find this very u nprofessio nal and rude

Stayed: February 2016
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Dear sandraalbee,
Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay in our hotel .
I am sorry you were not informed about out pet fee at the time of reservation . I am not sure if you made the reservation over the phone, online or through a 3rd party .Also I do not know if you disclosed to the reservation agent about your intend to bring a pet with you .
Our website clearly states that we are a pet friendly hotel and that there is a non refundable fee of $75 for the stay . Furthermore , our front desk agents provide the same information at check-in . The cost associated with cleaning a pet room is what the fee is for , and no hotel will accept pets without a cleaning fee .We take pride in providing all of our guests with clean , comfortable and pest free room . I apologize for the lack of communication and I would really like to know who did you talk about this issue . I am sure it wasn't a member of our hotel staff and I want to assure you we will investigate about it .
Thank you again for staying with us and i suggest you contact the hotel directly to inquire about any reservation or pet fee in the future .
Thank you !

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

This is our first suites stay since having kids and we felt spoiled with the extra space! Our suite was clean and tidy. We loved that we had a room separate from our son so we didnt have to be still and quiet while he drifted to sleep. We loved the little snack room and the games you could borrow. We were only there for a quick sleep stop on a road trip so we did not take advantage of many amenities but the idea of them being there was nice. Thanks for a lovely stay!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alabaster
0.1 km away
11.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Pelham - Oak Mtn Pk Area
11 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham

Been to Candlewood Suites Alabaster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK