1,952 results
All reviews thomas circle rooftop pool spiral shower wine hour zentan restaurant front desk pool closes soaking tub white house chocolate covered strawberries yoga mat bottle of champagne logan circle mini bar boutique hotel king suite water pressure
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I found myself cleaning out my bag the other day and I stumbled across a hand made birthday card the manager Ms. Arnold at the Kimpton Donovan in D.C. made for me.

I ended up staying at the Kimpton for my birthday. From the second she knew it was my birthday, she did everything to make me feel special.

I came back to my room the first night only to find a bottle of champagne on ice waiting in the suite with this birthday card colored in by hand with my name on it.

If there are Maggie's at every Kimpton, count me as a lifetime customer.

Thanks Kimpton and thank you Ms. Arnold.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Matthew W, Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thanks for the 5 star love Darius!

Happy birthday, and thanks for choosing to stay with us for your special night. We always want to have our guests remembering us, even after they leave, and it looks like Maggie was able to make that connection with you. Guess this means we'll definitely see you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I'm long over due for a review, but this one was a no-brainer. The wife and I were able to sneak away for a belated anniversary weekend to DC following a conference in the northeast. I spent several days going back and forth about where we wanted to be this weekend and called several hotels in the area to speak with the staff to size up the correct place to stay. My due diligence was well worth the wait.

We were immediately impressed upon our arrival by the welcoming staff and warm (literal and figurative, as it was cold out) lobby. Our city-view king suite was adorned with a handwritten note welcoming us for our reason in DC and had an excellent view of Thomas Circle. The colors were simple and yet warm and the bed was quite comfy. After not being able to find the ice machine, I called down and was told to cut down on noise, they bring ice to each room when requested: We loved this approach.

Aside from the incredible staff and grounds, the location was superb. We love to exercise and were able to walk to wherever we wanted. (Uber is the way to go if you need a ride) An easy 10 minute walk to the white House and then on to the Mall, with the Smithsonian's and Capital being a bit further. In any direction within this ten minute walk, we found incredible places to eat! We did not have a bad meal in the area and yet never ate at the same place twice over our four days in town.

The only gripes I have, would be the rooftop bar is closed during the off-season, though we did find another hotel, which shall remain nameless, closer to the White House that encompassed the bar area in plastic walls. Hopefully, the Donovan can figure a way to do this in the future. The last "issue" I had was after getting back from a full day about 4:30 on Saturday, the misses wanted to take a nap before dinner and the bar for the restaurant downstairs was not open yet. (first world problems I know) That said, the sushi in the restaurant was excellent!

Although, we do like to try new places, I will not hesitate about booking the Donovan on our next trip to DC!

Room Tip: Call the hotel first.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Shanella V, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

WOW!! thanks for this AMAZING review t-river-77.

Happy belated anniversary! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and celebrate such a special occasion. I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, we do have an incredible team who loves to help and make sure all of our guests have a good time. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Best,
Shanella

shanella. V
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I had an excellent stay at the Kimpton Donovan hotel. I was in town for a university event at the Museum of African American Culture & History and my boyfriend an I were also celebrating our 6 month anniversary. From check-in to the whole 3 night stay, the service at the Donovan was impeccable hence the five stars. Robel at the front desk especially stood out in his thoughtfulness. He definitely went above and beyond to make our weekend special.

A few minor notes for cosmetic improvement: the hallways are quite dark, I think you should add more lighting or repaint the walls. Also carpets are looking a bit old/worn.

I will definitely stay at the Kimpton Donovan again. It is very well located. I hope their sister locations in NYC are just a great!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Matthew W, Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thanks for the 5 star love Funmilayo D!

Happy anniversary! We're honored that you chose to stay with us for your event, and for your anniversary. It sounds like you had quite the 3 night stay. Thank you so much for your feedback. We will make sure to share it with our entire team. We hope to see you again soon, and when you're in NYC, make sure to tell them The Donovan sent you.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Maggie and everyone at the front desk were super helpful. I sent a number of packages before my arrival and everything was very well organised. Also borrowed their bikes for a couple of days and made it all the way to Mt. Vernon and back. All in all a great week of vacation and business.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the love Bobby R!

Thank you for sharing your experience, and your love for Maggie and our bike program. We loved seeing you around each morning, and we are very impressed with your trek to Mt. Vernon and back!

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 20 November 2017

My wife, myself and two other couples again stayed at the Kimpton Donovan while visiting Washington DC for theater performances. We once again stayed at the Kimpton Donovan. We love the location for its proximity to the wonderful restaurants on 14th St NW and adjacent streets. It is also a short taxi ride to the Kennedy Center and easy walking distance to the White House and surrounding areas.

Our room on the 5th floor was spacious and well appointed. Everything was clean and well organized. HVAC system was quiet and efficient. The shower is really cool with rainfall shower heads.

The front desk crew is great. Maggie and David were efficient and pleasant while checking us in. They asked how they could help, if we needed assistance with dinner or museum reservations or directions, etc. They are fun to be with.

Kimpton has Happy Hour from 5 to 6 PM and serve wine and soft drinks, hors d"oeuvres, etc. It is a fun time and is always well attended. I noticed Maggie circulating throughout the guests, asking how their day had gone and if they needed any further assistance. David was also circulating or helping with service. All of the employees appear to love what they do.

Finally, the main lobby has been remodeled since I was last here. It is nicely done making the area brighter, more open and easier to move about.

Thanks again to Kimpton for making our weekend really enjoyable. BobAnLoc

Amazing review Bobanloc!

We're so happy that all of you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Donovan. It sounds like you really got to experience it all, including our location, our unique shell showers, and our amazing team (with Maggie and David). Next time you're in town, make sure to come see us again.