4,385 results
All reviews dupont circle executive floor large hotel adams morgan outdoor pool conference hotel connecticut ave fitness center metro station white house few blocks valet parking national mall lobby elevator reagan zoo
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and were pleased .

The good: some reviews say the rooms were small. It is a curved building, our room was on the outside of the curve and the room was large ... and 3 of us did not trip over each other. The morning breakfast buffet was so nice we went all 3 mornings. The staff throughout are attentive and helpful . Finger food at the reception was delicious !!! There is a beautiful work out room and an enjoyable outdoor pool. The lobby is large, beautiful, and comfortable .

The not as good: it is a city hotel so expect to pay twice what you would at home for snacks, beverages, and food. The pub was understaffed 2 of the 3 times we went (food wasn’t always served hot ... although was good flavor ... and our servers worked very hard). Our room did not have spare TP or tissues, so we had to find housekeeping to ask. Don’t forget your cough syrup as it was $20 for a small bottle in the gift shop (I opted for the cough drops that were less than $5). There was a reception ... twice the servers almost rain us over and both times came close to getting dirty food dishes on us. The bar tender at the reception handed me a can of soda ... he did provide me with a glass when asked.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Great location. Great bar (nice pours). Great Executive Lounge. I booked last minute and only two double beds were available. Once I arrived the front desk was very accommodating and moved me to a king. I was happy. Very spacious front lobby with multiple restaurants/bars which came in handy when it began to rain and I my party stayed onsite. However, there are no short of 50 restaurants in 10 min walking radius. To top it all off, this Hilton is only a short 10 min walk from DuPont Circle metro (subway) stop. The Washington Hilton is now one of my top spots when staying in DC!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The fitness center was great! I wish it opened a bit earlier. I loved the coffee machine there! A cup of coffee was great after a good work out. My room was nice! I did enjoy the food. The location was great for places to walk to.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I booked the hotel as part of a conference I’m attending in Washington DC and came with my family. I was happy that they have a separate check in line for HHonors members that they actually use. So I didn’t stay in lines. Patrick at the reception was great to review our check in as I checked in using the HHonors app. He, recognizing our HHonors status, offered us an upgrade to the Executive Floor, and I was thrilled as this was not recognized in other Hilton hotels we stayed at in the past! The room is updated, clean and with a great view. There is a table in the middle between the 2 beds. The bonus breakfast for the executive floor was a bonus that we all enjoyed. Staff that we met in the halls and concierge were very friendly. The fitness centre and the pool are very well maintained. The conference rooms, halls and food are all fine; rooms are a bit cold so just bring a light sweater. Location is very central to many restaurants, and they have a booth on site to book city tours and also for pick up. It is a great place for business and family stays as well. Wonderful experience so far.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Hannadh
Reviewed 18 June 2018

How this hotel retains the Hilton name is a mystery. The hallways are long and dim, with very, very low ceilings and no natural light. Completely claustrophobic. Several large doors (apparently they are doors for staff, or possibly portals to the Hellhole) covered in brown carpeting adorn the ugly hallways. There are odors of mustiness, feet, and diapers. Enter your room and the door bangs into the closet door in the narrow entranceway. Try to turn the light on, but the switch has the bathroom barn-door pushed up right against it. Apparently it is both a light switch and a doorstop. The room smells funky (old cigarette smoke? Legionaries disease? Broken dreams from 1972?) all of the furnishings are dated and worn (I’ve seen nicer in recent stays in Best Westerns and Quality Inns), and the box spring is completely collapsed on all three sides that you can see. The sheets seem clean and new and the pillows do not smell, but the mattress is hard (surprising given the ugly, harvest-gold, completely bashed-in-looking box spring that is inexplicably exposed). The worst part of all is the horrible brown and blue, textured carpeting, which looks like it has never, ever been vacuumed. There is debris everywhere; it’s hard to tell if all the dark-brown and black flecks are just dirt or if they’re mouse droppings. This is the first hotel room in years where I’ve been afraid to walk on the carpet in my bare feet. Although you can open the windows, there are no window screens and cigarette smoke drifts in from whoever is smoking in the room below. The bathroom, at least, appears clean, with new floor and tile; however, there is some mold in the tile grout around the tub spout, and the sink is tiny, as in something you might find in a train bathroom. There is almos zero counter space, so there is a small drawer for your toiletries. However, this drawer is directly behind the toilet lid, so to open the drawer you must put the lid down. The lid is not one of those slow-and-quietly-closing modern toilet lids; it’s the kind that bangs down. Funniest of all about this design is that the toilet is placed sort of mid-floor in order to accommodate the small drawer. Not sure if all the bathrooms are like this or if this is only the design in the “ugrade” corner rooms. During the night, the room felt humid, despite closed windows and A/C running. You could clearly hear the people in the room next door talking, and you could clearly hear everything going on in the bathroom of the room with abutting bathroom. The conference rooms are on the first floor, basement, and sub-basement. The sub-basement rooms are humid and hot; really just a gross envinronment for a conference in DC in summer. The plated breakfasts looked completely unremarkable to those of us who weren’t served. The plated lunch would be in last place among all conference plated lunches I’ve had in the last five years. The reception buffet food was slightly less bad. I became extremely ill while staying here (hard to say if it was from the food or the filth, or some other cause). I am simply amazed that the White House Correspondence Dinner is held here, that people pay exhorbitant amounts to stay in this dank, dirty dungeon, and that people are actually excited to stay here. If I have to attend another conference here, I’ll be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott across the street, which appears quite a bit newer and is much less expensive. I’m willing to bet it’s cleaner and smells better as well. I would take pains to avoid this place in future.

Room Tip: Others at the conference said their rooms smelled too. I’m not sure there is a good room choice.
2  Thank conferencetrip31
Tracy_Marks, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for taking time to share you feedback on TripAdvisor and please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

We strive to provide comfortable accommodation and exemplary service, and we apologize if we have missed the mark. If you have a chance we would love for the opportunity to talk to you for a few minutes to see what we could do to make it right. We have listed the front office's direct line below - please call at your earliest convenience, and we look forward to additional feedback.

Yours in hospitality,