“Super location!”

Ranked #89 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Super location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was a very nicely maintained hotel right smack close to the Capitol and Union Station. The front desk was helpful and fast, and the other service was on point. The room was comfortable and the amenities were fabulous. Unfortunately (only for the price!) it was cherry blossom season so the price of the room, normally a bit over $200, was over $500. I wouldn't pay that much for it as it wasn't really THAT fantastic...luckily the reservations process was terrible (I called the main line since I didn't have internet access at the time) and I got the normal rate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amber D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I understand that this hotel is located close to Capitol Hill but I still believe this hotel is overpriced and the rooms could use some renovating. I really don't understand why the expensive hotels charge for internet services. This hotel even charged for using the computers in their business center. The only thing supplied in the room was a coffee pot, nothing else special.
The people that worked at the hotel were friendly and the hotel bell men were extremely nice & hard working. This hotel is located only 1/2 block from the fire station & can be very noisy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Coxsackie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel is about 3 blocks from the Capitol and two blocks from Union Station- where you can catch the Metro. It's a very nice, clean hotel and the service was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top floor- the 16th- that faces "out". The ones that face inward...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robee1226
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and usually stay in Hilton related hotels. This was my first experience at the Washington Court. I was very pleased with our experience. Adam at the front desk was especially helpful and even remembered our names when we checked in having spoken to us the day before we arrived. The hotel is well cared for, and in pretty good shape in terms of wear and tear on the rooms. We had a standard room on the top floor (16), so this review is based on that room. There was plenty of space in the room, and the bathroom was very generous in size. It might need a remodel in a year or two, but there was so much shelving I thought I was at home. This is unusual in almost any hotel. There is only one sink, even in the spacious bathroom, so plan accordingly. The personal coffee pot was not the latest or greatest, but to heat hot water for tea, it was fine. Towels in good shape, sheets and pillows were also in good shape. The bed was very comfortable...somewhere between the Westin and the Hilton if that makes sense. Our floor wasn't the quietest, so I would note that I could hear almost everything happening in the hallway. We had to call maintenance for a slow sink and trouble with the thermostat, but both of these things were attended to and worked fine when we returned. The biggest surprise was the quality of the food in the restaurant. Not only was it organic, it was very fresh and very delicious. Two thumbs up for the food. As far as location, everyone has already commented on that so feel free to rely on those reviews as they are accurate. The only thing that would have made me give a higher rating is if we had access to some executive lounge or similar like Hiltons have. I would definitely consider this hotel again. Happy travels!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank marqule
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Perchance I'm biased but since I live in Capitol Hill and only booked when the Mid Atlantic Leather host hotel reservations ran out, I was only looking to be near enough to walk to the events without having to catch a bus or metro. I was more than pleasantly surprised when no one looked askance at me in Leather wear for 4 days. The hotel itself was nice and comfy and lower priced than I would have thought. The staff was courteous enough and helpful getting me up and running with the internet access. My stay was wonderful since it was close enough to Union Station so I could go shopping if the need arose. I'm having friends from Lauderdale stay here when they visit in the fall.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo