1,358 results
All reviews firefly restaurant dupont circle balcony room new hampshire wine hour tiny lobby yoga mat toilet and shower sink area animal print robes apartment building wine reception small hotel mini bar front desk staff dc area definitely stay here again
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I had one of the recently upgraded rooms and it was fantastic. Very clean, nicely decorated. Only two minor issues: one there is no lobby. I didn't think that I would miss it, but I did. Given the price per night, I felt a tad short-changed by not having the lobby experience. You check in and out of something more akin to a hallway. Second, I was disappointed by the breakfast package. When I booked the hotel I opted in to have breakfast included. There was no information about what that meant, but it was somewhat of a sad continental breakfast that consisted of one juice (when the restaurant had it), one bread item (pick between toast, croissant or muffin or what they had) and coffee or tea. I paid $2.75 extra to add an egg each day. This would have been ok had the website disclosed that it was a limited continental breakfast, but it didn't and I was expecting more than just toast, juice and coffee. The restaurant next door where the breakfast is served was ill-prepared for breakfast and were often out of some the few items you could pick from (i.e. juice and muffin). Given the price per night, I was expecting much more. Even a true continental breakfast would have been better. Still, the room was great and all staff (including restaurant staff) were wonderful. I also wish that the hotel would implement some environmentally friendly practice such as the option to re-use your towel and a recycling bin.

Room Tip: Only get the breakfast if you eat light in the morning
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Excellent staff & centrally located .
Rooms space to be on the large size.
Shower in separated room. We were 3 friends and was perfect.
In the afternoon Happy Hours in lobby for free.
Breadfast in the restaurant nest to hotel was good too.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Let me start by saying that the staff here is great. Everyone says hello, and is very friendly and helpful. My plane landed at 10:30am and I arrived around 11. I expected to have to store my bags, but a room was ready, and I was able to get right in. A quick change and my daughter and I were off to the mall and the monuments. Later that afternoon, the wine hour was a nice way to unwind. The location perfect. A short walk to the Metro station, DuPont Circle, and bars and restaurants in the area.

The room was spacious enough, and clean, but the bathroom - are you kidding? I didn't take any pics, but there are a few posted that looked similar to mine. The toilet is literally RIGHT NEXT to the bathtub, and the door is right in front of the toilet. Seems reasonable - until you try to use it. You can't be in the bathroom and open or close the door unless you straddle the toilet or step into the tub. There just isn't room. The floor space is maybe 2ft x 2 ft. Forget about putting down the bath mat and trying to open the door. The mat is too big for the floor space and bunches up. So you have to step off the mat, straddle the toilet, or step back into the wet tub to pick up the mat, then you can open the door, put the mat back down, and go on your way.

I am not one of those people who complain about every little thing. I did, in fact, like the hotel. However, the entry into the room is quite large, and the design could have easily taken some of that space to make the bathroom a little bigger. I dare say that a larger person would have difficulty maneuvering in the space. It is awkward and has the potential to be dangerous for an elderly or unsteady person. Forget about helping a child or assisting anyone in these bathrooms, and that is the reason I mention this design flaw. If you are traveling with someone who needs assistance, or is a larger, you may want to see if some rooms have larger bathrooms.

Overall, I give the hotel a solid 4 stars. The price and location are great, as is the staff. I could recommend it for those reasons, but I might try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Lovde this hotel. Have stayed their years ago, and if anything things have gotten better. The rooms are a bit 70's mod quirky, but not too much, large and comfortable. While the bathrooms aren't modern, they are clean and the appointments top notch. The restaurant serves outstanding locally sourced and organic comfort food. The bar is perhaps the best in terms of quality for any hotel bar I have ever been in, and if you are into the best bars in the world think Dead Rabbit NYC you have the picture. The bar manager grows his own herbs to infuse in his drinks and liquors, and if you are lucky enough try the Transformation, which is truly one of the finest cocktails I have ever had.

Room Tip: If you are lucky ask for a room overlooking New Hampshire Avenue; they have balconies and are sunnier
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The staff were friendly, cheerful, and helpful. We didn't have a chance to take advantage of the 5pm wine and cocktails but it looked lovely. The location is very convenient - close to the DuPont Circle metro station. Lots of restaurants within an easy walk as well. (We were especially pleased with Ezme, a Turkish restaurant around the corner on P Street.)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family