1,516 results
All reviews dupont circle white house rooftop bar front desk staff room key location is great two double beds business center whole foods national mall metro brunch dishwasher farragut doorman neighborhood
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking to be close to the action, this is your hotel. Busy, near restaurants, subway, attractions. Get an upper floor if you need quiet. Room was clean, well-maintained. Fresh fruit & ice water available at check in were welcome on a very hot day. Arrived early & staff let us sit in lobby till room was ready. Pleasant stay, would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GaryB4351, General Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear liannucc.

Thank you for your review and positive comments. Yes our location is great . In a quiet area but walking distance to all the attraction s and restaurants.

look forward to having you back.

Regards,

GB

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice stay at the Beacon. It was a very hot day when we arrived and the air conditioner in our room wasn’t working. Balu quickly helped us and when she couldn’t get it working she called maintenance. They showed up very quickly and got it working. However, that didn’t last long. The staff was very helpful in getting us moved to a larger room where the ac worked perfectly. They checked on us and even gave us drinks for our inconvenience. Everyone was so helpful. We loved the location and the restaurant had a decent breakfast selection.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear CindyO841,

I think I already responded to you on this review but it is not showing up.

Thank you for your wonderful comment. Sorry the A/C was not working upon your arrival but was very impressed in how we handled. We are working hard on all our employees making the own decisions and this certainly worked in your case.

Look forward to seeing you back.

Thank You.

GB/GM

Reviewed 9 September 2018

I booked five hotel rooms for our Board of Directors (a non-profit company). Upon arrival at the hotel, around 11:00pm, we were told that two of the rooms had been given away to others guests. Two of our Board members had to share a room (one on a pull-out couch) and one of our Managing Directors had to go to another hotel. After the trip, I called and spoke with the Assistant General Manager, Steve Ripai, that they had had an issue with another room flooding and a report of bedbugs in another room and had to give our rooms away. When I said this was unacceptable and I expected a full refund for all our rooms, as this was very embarrassing for us with our Board members, he agreed. About 1/2 dozen emails later and in working with Nicolas Raoux, Assoc Director of Sales, I was told we would not be receiving refunds. We have used this hotel many times, have hosted staff there for team meetings. Unfortunately, they will no longer have our business and it amazes me such an organization could take not-for-profit dollars in such a way. They have ignored my numerous emails explaining I had been told to expect a discount from Asst GM. I have given them the benefit of the doubt and waited since May for the hotel to rectify; they have not. I would chose another hotel and stay clear.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank qtp2tee

Dear qtp2tee,

I am so sorry on so many levels. I just read this and I promise I will get to the bottom of ehat happened and will be in touch personally.

I also apologize for the lack of reasonable response time which also will be addressed.

Will be in touch and SORRY,

GBurke/GM

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My room had a toilet that just ran ran. Each day I was hoping to come back to a fixed toilet but instead the staff just put the lid down. The problem was so server that the entire toilet would be wet from the running issue.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear kattraylor,

So sorry to hear about your toilet and the lack of action. As you can see from our other reviews it is not how we operate normally.

Please contact me personally so we can address the problem. We will try and figure out who you are and be proactive,

Again SORRY.

GBurke/GM

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Beacon Hotel has made our experience in DC great. We arrived early, with a fussy baby it would have been awful. Good thing they allowed us to an early check in. Our suite was cozy and clean.They have accommodating, friendly and helpful staffs. We received awesome service from the start til the end of our stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Harriet Mae,

Glad we were able to make your DC visit Special. We always try to give early check-ins when available. I have memories of traveling with the little ones and how great it is to get settled right away.

Look forward to seeing you again.

GB/GM