“skip the corner room”

Ranked #52 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Huntsville, Alabama
“skip the corner room”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Cute hotel in safe neighborhood with Embassy Row. Pros and Cons: I paid for a corner room as the website promised that would have the best view. I also requested a nice view when I made the reservation. My corner room had windows only on one side, the side facing the windows of the brick building next door across a narrow alley! Very annoying, I'd have done better getting the standard room, it would have had a better view. Room very clean and large, nice shower (no tub but I knew that), nice vanity outside bathroom with padded seat. Microwave, 2 burners (no oven), mini -frig, Keurig coffe maker all great. Bed ok, pillows kinda lumpy just not my preference. Housekeeping great. Outside noise very early was a problem, garbage trucks, trucks backing up, horns, etc even though we were high up. That may not bother you, I am a light sleeper. No noise from other rooms. Staff polite and in suits. No vending machines for soft drinks or snacks in the hotel.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LuvTravv
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed two nights here for a business/pleasure trip and was not disappointed. The staff was incredibly friendly (even though my flight didn't get in until after midnight) and the room was lovely. Very spacious and clean. Not a lot of exterior noise, either. Really nice walk-in shower (no tub) and the bath products were good, too. I didn't make use of the kitchenette, but it looked nice. There was a desk area for me to use my computer and a separate little table with two chairs for eating besides. Bed was comfortable (very firm, if you like that sort of thing, which I happen to). The only weird thing is how difficult it was to open and close the drapes.

The hotel is near Dupont Circle and the area is very walkable, close to restaurants and such. Overall, a very nice stay. I would certainly stay there again if/when I return to DC.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank mplanglinais
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We loved it. Everything. Location, staff, room, neighborhood, & price all surpassed our expectations. We feel like we just "Big Leagued" DC. I don't know what else to tell you. Enjoy!

Abu, Carlos & David you guys are the best. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is a very quaint and refurbished hotel that was once apt's is indeed a sweet little hotel. But,...it is priced like a new luxurious hotel and seems like a newer more modern hotel on its website.
I did enjoy the kitchenette with kurig coffee maker and real ceramics cups an plates. I found the neighborhood safe and quiet. It was a longer jaunt to the metro than I thought, but it was a nice walk in a very pretty neighborhood. I did find to my surprise that there was coin laundry ($1.00 wash & $1.00 dry not bad) which was great because it had been hot and I was there three days bicycling and walking and seeing sites Then moving on to NYC for three more days. ( now with clean clothes!) I found it very clean and well kept while I was there. The only mishap I found was I smelled smoke coming in my window one night from another guest smoking out their window...yuck. Not much was done about it. It eventually went away.
All in all I think if I were to stay here again it would only be if I catch a smaller rate per night. It was just priced more at the high lux hotel prices and that is what I thought I was getting.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TinaTheTravelQueena
Greenfield, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The hotel in Dupont Circle is very handy to all things D.C. It is near many of the embassy's. The only reason that I do not rate it excellent is that I didn't get a chance to experience the restaurant or bar. The room was great with comfy king size bed/ kitchenette w/ dining area/ living & work space w/ a nice sized flat screen tv/ and a nicely updated bathroom. Jordan on the evening desk staff was especially helpful in directing to some great spots for dinner. The historic U St. district is within easy walking distance and has great restaurants & bars.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business