“Class and Deco”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #50 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Carlyle is a hotel in the Embassies district just a few blocks from Dupont Circle.
The Building is an Art Deco architectural Jewlery!
every piece of the hotel has a Class touch (with the exception of the Room´s signs).
i got a good price because it was in a discount web, otherwise i wouldnt pay the official rate.
the only proble is i booked a taxi for 5am and they didnt call it. so i struggle to get one on the street at that early time

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aereal

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I really liked staying at this hotel. One of my children lives right around the corner so it was a perfect location for me. I had a very quiet and nice room. I loved the bed. The only recommendation I would make is to add a shower arm in the shower. That would be very helpful. The staff was very nice. I did not eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment on it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel is in a beautiful area of Washington DC. Within a short walk to Dupont Circle to catch the Metro and enjoy wonderful restaurants. The hotel had everything we needed to make our 1st visit very enjoyable. We felt like we were the only guests in the hotel with the special attention that we received each time we left and returned. Our room was always cleaned and fresh upon our return after a day of sightseeing. We had a suite with a small kitchen making it nice to have a small breakfast each day. The room was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable! The A/C and Heat are central controlled, I like the air to be circulated so they provided a tower fan to make sure that I was comfortable. Any thing that we requested, extra coffee, extra towels was delivered in minutes.
I highly recommand this hotel to anyone visiting Washington DC.

1  Thank FYITEXAS
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I never post reviews online, but I felt I had to with this hotel. My family and I stayed at the Carlyle Suites for 4 days in April 2012. The staff was friendly and helpful--greeting us warmly whenever we were in the lobby and very helpful with questions. The décor was wonderful and every part of of the hotel was spotless. Though the parking is first come first serve, we did manage to get a spot and the staff allowed us to leave the car for an hour after we checked out so we go to have brunch. The location is great. Some folks complained that there wasn't enough parking and (gasp...) they had to walk some distance. I live in a city so I am used to that. We left our car parked for 4 days walked or to the Metro.

I can't recommend Carlyle Suites highly enough.

1  Thank G_W37
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We loved The Carlyle Suites Hotel. Quiet, attractive neighbourhood only 6 minutes from the Metro. We had a room with small kitchen equipped with coffeemaker,fridge, microwave and stove top which allowed us to make breakfast every morning before we headed out. A Safeway grocerystore is nearby. There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel with a reasonably priced breakfast buffet. There was a couch and TV set up in a small alcove in the room so TV viewing didn't disturb sleepers too much.
Beds were comfy, towels thick and fluffy. The staff were friendlyand helpful. We had a fuse blow and someone came up right away to fix it.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite