“Lovely Room!”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #52 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was put in a corner room with lots of natural daylight and the greatest bed! The staff and service were fantastic! Close to Dupont Circle and beautiful neighborhoods!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Carlyle for our 5 year Anniversary weekend. The hotel is in a very nice area of DC. It is a short walk to Dupont Circle and Embassy Row. The neighborhoods around the hotel are lovely filled with brownstones and very nice landscaping. It is in what I would call the gayborhood with many pro-gay restaurants and bars, which you know is safe and clean. You can also walk to Georgetown which is not too bad of a walk. Just make sure to bring your walking shoes.

The hotel rooms are nice. They all come with mini-kitchens and couches which makes the rooms feel more like small apartments than hotel rooms. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the air conditioning units which sucked! We initially asked for a room on a higher floor based on other's reviews, but they stated nothing was available. Who really knows whether that is true or not. We purchased the breakfast package which included full breakfast for both mornings we were there, which was good.

They do offer free parking on a first come, first serve basis, but it is very hard to get given the small number of spaces in the back of th hotel (approx 25). The pregnant woman at the front desk (can not remember name) was very nice and went out of her way to move her car into a smaller space out front so we could park in her spot until a space in the back parking lot opened up. How often does someone go out of their way to do that for a guest? Kudos to her and the gentleman that worked with her that guided us into the spot.

Overall, the hotel is a nice value for the price and the location. Convenient to the Dupont Circle Metro and the surrounding areas. Would stay at the next time we are in DC.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThePhillyCritic
Reviewed 29 April 2012

When in DC the Carlyle is the place to stay. My husband & I along with another couple stayed at the Carlyle at the end of March this year and had the greatest time. Service at the Carlyle was outstanding and was always served with a smile by those at the front desk, the bar/dining room and in the breakfast room. The rooms were spacious and clean, the Temper-Pedic king size bed was extremely comfortable. We were happy to have the kitchenette available to make that first cup of coffee before going down to the best breakfast buffet in Dupont Circle. Having dinner in was also a plus, after a long day of sightseeing you could have a wonderful meal and then go on up and unwind in your room and have a nightcap with friends. Located within walking distance to the Metro and an array restaurants was also a big plus. Our nation's capital is great place to visit and the Carlyle is a great place to stay. We will be back and I would not hesitate to recomend a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Eileen - You are so kind to have taken the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Carlyle Suites Hotel in Dupont Circle. We greatly appreciate it, especially that you mentioned our Tempur-Pedic beds, kitchenettes and the food in our very own Twist Dupont Restaurant. Looking forward to having you as our guest again! Warm Regards - MarcAnthony & Team!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Carlyle. I've stayed at many hotels in the DC area and this OS my new favorite. The location is great, near neighborhood restaurants and shopping, as well as the DuPont Circle Metro station. I will echo the issues with only A/C or only Heat being available, but we were just fine with opening the window. I highly recommend this property and I'm sure we will be back in the future.

Stayed: April 2012

WOW Pike! Your new favorite?! We are so honored! Oh and as far as the A/C... we are officially on A/C! Glad you had a nice time! Hope you had a safe trip back to Alabama. Best - MarcAnthony

Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I spent 4 fantastic days in D.C. with my son & wife and their 2 beautiful children. I am sure my grandchidren will always remember this trip being very special, as my wife and I will. 3 Generations forming great memories in D.C. The Carlyle Suites at 1731 New Hampshire Av. is the place to stay if your in D.C. People like Vince,Hafiza,Simon, and Bernadette worked hard to make it perfect. I rented 2 rooms and they both were very clean and comfortable. My wife and I had a corner room and had a beautiful view. We alternated each night with either my grandson who is 10 or my granddaughter who is 7 and they thought that was so cool. They allowed my nephew to who lives In D.C. to bring in his black lab so the kids could see the dog Jack. They just recently lost there dog to old age, so that was very special for them.
Taj you are a great bartender and you always got our meals just the way we wanted.
David you went out of your way for us so many times you made us feel at home.
David one cold and rainy night we were just coming in and you held the door open for all 6 of us and said Welcome home. I think that says it all. We will be back.
Don P.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Hi Donald! We are celebrating your review with a team member luncheon! There is a lot to be joyous for with Vince, Hafiza, Simon, Bernadette and David making the grade! Thank you so very kindly! Sounds like you all had a fabulous time! All the best to you and yours, (and Jack too!) MarcAnthony