“great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
DELHI
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

state plaza is very conveniently located in foggy bottom. muhammed and oula at the reception were helpful in getting me an extension on my stay....the rooms are spacious and clean!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LISA J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Room: I have stayed at this hotel twice, both times in what I believe they refer to as the North building. First, the rooms I have stayed in are very large, with a big bedroom, small bathroom and powder room, and nice sized kitchenette with a dining table. The actual quality of the room is not great, though I have experienced anything particularly wrong with it. The bathrooms have been titled in vivid colors, not that that matters. The largest complaint I have had with the hotel is that I have the most difficult time controlling the temperatures, both of the room and in the shower. I'd suggest quick showers if you are here!

Location: While this is obviously a very subjective issue, I have found the hotel to be handy for the training events I have attended (at the American Institute of Architects, just down the street). It would also be a good hotel for visiting George Washington University. For normal DC tourism, it would be fine, as it is probably a 10-15 minute walk to the White House, Lincoln Memorial, or the Farragut West or North Metro stops.

Service: I have not interacted much with the staff at the hotel, but found them to be responsive and helpful though not overly so.

Other: I am giving this hotel a good score on value as the reason I keep staying here is that it has been the cheapest option around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank arkleseizure
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at the State Plaza for the first time while we were visiting Washington with our two teenage children. The hotel is in a nice location - within walking distance of the White House and monuments, and there are two Metro stations a few blocks north. We found a couple of great restaurants in the George Washington University area that we walked to.
As other reviewers have said, having the CVS next door was very convenient for a bit of food for the room and anything we forgot.
We stayed in a Plaza Suite and had a LOT of room for the four of us. Having the kitchen was nice, but we didn’t cook anything more than bagels in the mornings and reheating a few leftovers. Our room had a microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and refrigerator. We didn’t need/want anything more involved than that. We did not get a chance to eat in the bistro during our stay.
As of the second week of April, the hotel’s WiFi was working well. The hotel’s business center had two nice computers with printers that made it easy to print electronic tickets.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bill was exactly what I was expecting from my reservation. I think the cost was reasonable for the location.
We would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Plaza Suites have a large sitting room, large bedroom. The kitchen is effeciency-sized, and the bath...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank scbuckeyes
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My stay was pleasant. The hotel is right next to the George Washington University campus and is within walking distance of the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station and the National Mall. The room was clean, spacious and had a full kitchen. The price was a bit high for my liking but I guess location comes with a price. I would stay again with friends/family to reduce cost of room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Galesburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I lived in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel room is well furnished and clean. The people there are very nice and provide really good service. The room is quite large with the kitchen. There is only one part I would complain about is that they do not provide wifi, they only have the internet but not the wifi. But other things beside the internet is perfect. It is walking distance to many places. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DOSatSP, Director of Sales at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Evonne L,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to let you know that since the last time you've stayed with us, our entire wi-fi system has been updated and is now fully operational in the entire hotel including Guest rooms and all public areas within the hotel. Best of all, it's still free. Thank you.