2,848 results
All reviewsmarriott vacation clubwhite housefarragut north metrobeautiful hotelthe concierge loungeclassic hotelbeautiful lobbydupont circleupgraded to a suitelocation is greatlobby barking bedmini fridgemetro stopper dayvalet parkingcoffee maker
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We are Platinum and used Marriott Club points to stay here. On the plus side, we would include the friendliness and helpfulness of the doormen, bell hops & Edgar staff and the decor of the front lobby. On the negative side, we would include the staff at the gold/platinum station, the small size of the rooms, the decor of the halls & rooms, and the meager food offering in the Club floor. We were expecting much more.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear DMJA21,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and for your comments. While we were happy to read that our staff was friendly and helpful, we sincerely apologize that you weren't pleased with our decor and food offerings. This is not the level of service we generally provide and it certainly does not meet our standards, especially for Platinum Members. We have shared your comments with our entire staff and we will take the appropriate action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope that we will have another occasion to meet your expectations and to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I stayed here for a conference, and the hotel is massive. The size seems to contribute to a lack of any sense of hospitality: I had very few interactions with Hotel Staff, and they didn't do anything to make themselves feel personable.

The hotel room had comfortable showers and beds, but the air conditioning system couldn't keep the room from being exceptionally damp every time I returned from the days' activities. The fact that the thermostat kept being reset to a higher temperature did not help. The window in the room was extremely small. They don't offer in-room coffee makers or tea, and the 'complimentary coffee' station in the hotel's bar was frequently out of hot water/coffee, and the staff was not exactly happy to accommodate requests that it be restocked.

The conference center was adequate, but they kept breaking down food stations earlier than they were supposed to, leading to me missing planned meals on a several occasions. The food their conference center served was mediocre at best.

Most irritatingly, however, was a billing mistake. They do not offer free wifi: They offer "free" wifi if you are a Marriott Rewards member. I am such a rewards member, yet they still tried to charge me for it when I elected for a an electronic checkout when their front desk couldn't keep up with the number of people trying to checkout. (A problem they manufactured themselves by declining requests for late checkouts.)

Room Tip: I'd look for another hotel, I don't intend to stay here in the future if I am given alternative options.

Dear Scott N,

Thank you for the review of your experience at our hotel. We are sorry for disappointing you in so many ways during your visit with us.
We've taken your feedback to our team so we can work to correct these issues immediately. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you again and provide you with a more favorable experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

If you stay at this hotel, absolutely lock your possessions up in a safe. Otherwise you can expect them to be stolen. I left a pair of apple wireless earbuds out on the dresser and sure enough when I returned to my room they were gone. Security came and filed a report. When I received a call from Marriott they said there’s nothing they could do because they didn’t have proof of who stole them. I told them “do you really think anyone is going to ever own up that they stole something?” Bottom line is they will never have proof and you will never get reimbursed if something is stolen from your room so... either lock it up or stay somewhere else . As for me, they have totally lost my business and I told them I’d share this experience on social media. Good luck

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Randee R
TeamMarriott, Front Desk Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hello Randee,

Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. First and foremost, we apologize for the unfortunate incident of you losing your earbuds. Please be assured that we are investigating this issue. Any property left behind in the room is always brought down to our hotel lost and found when rooms are serviced, and we hold it for 60 days. Our staff is well-trained in these procedures and reliable to follow through, so it is quite concerning that you believe there is a security issue at our property. Our guest rooms have a personal safe to secure your items. We do hope you will reconsider staying with us again when you return to this area.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I stayed at the Mayflower recently for a business meeting. It is still a classy place and I had a delightful, large room. The food for our meeting was good but not outstanding for a hotel of this price and quality. Our meeting room and all the accommodations (sound system, etc.) for the business meeting were superb. My disappointment was with the front desk, in at least two respects: 1) I gave the clerk my Marriott Rewards number when I checked in but he apparently did not record that because I got charged for one day of internet service, which was supposed to be complimentary for Marriott Rewards members. I tried to call and correct that but I got transferred and, two different times, the phone rang for five minutes or more with no one picking up. I gave up! 2) When I checked out I took a hard copy of the bill, but the clerk said she would send a copy to me by e-mail, which she never did. Sometimes, when dealing with a large hotel operation like the Mayflower you just have to give in and take your lumps because in their location and situation they really don't have to care about an individual customer!!

Room Tip: There are few, if any, rooms with a good view -- no suggestions.
1  Thank gliddenr72
TeamMarriott, Front Desk Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Hello gliddenr72,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Please accept our apology for the issues you encountered with your billing statement. This was not deliberate and we can assure you it will be handled. At your convenience, please send an email to jean.lacoste@themayflowerhotel.com with the full name on your reservation as well as your room number, so we can address your concerns directly.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I was put up at the Mayflower by the organizers of a meeting and I was really looking forward to staying there. But the experience was subpar. First, the parking, which is valet only, was $59 per night! I passed and parked at the PMI lot (also valet) just behind the hotel for $50 total for two days through a parking app. Second, my room (448), although nice and clean, had a terrible view of what looked like rooftop plumbing (see photo). Third, one of the reasons I didn't change my room is that I assumed it would be quiet but the room air conditioner was so loud that it was hard to sleep. Fourth, I got the second of two tiers of internet service and it was so slow as to be essentially worthless (not to mentioned quite annoying and a huge waste of time). Finally, I tried to call the hotel in the evening from my cell phone to ask a question and no one answered. I called back multiple times but still no one answered the phone!

From a distance the Mayflower seems like a great hotel but up close it wasn't. With all of the great hotels in DC, I definitely won't be returning to this one.

Room Tip: Unless you want to overlook a bunch of rooftop plumbing, don't stay in room 448!
1  Thank PittReisender
TeamMarriott, Front Desk Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello PittReisender,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the level of service we generally provide, and it certainly does not meet our standards. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the hospitality you should have experienced during this stay.