“Everything you would expect from a 4 star.”

The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #59 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Everything you would expect from a 4 star.”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I'll start by saying we booked through Priceline and got an amazing deal. That being said, the hotel is in an amazing area. It's a short walk to the touristy stuff and eating with the locals. It's located across he street from several retail stores incase you forgot something (CVS, Gap , etc.)

The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. There is valet if u choose. The rooms are moderate in size. Thy provide robes which is nice.

The only real complaint was hat upon check-in my husband and I were offered 2 glasses of champaign... It was presented as if it was complementary...it was not. I can't remember he exact price but not less than $30.

All in all...I'd stay here again...Priceline or not.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank MWoolley
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
garden city, NY
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Mayflower is a beautiful hotel, the service was excellent, & the food delicious.
Our room rate included a delicious buffet breakfast in their lovely dining room and valet service for the car. We had a wonderful weekend

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
lancaster, uk
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a very beautiful art deco hotel, a historic building, but with all the comforts needed for a few nights stay. The staff are very kind and helpful. There's a lovely piano bar on the mezzanine level for tea or drinks too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Austin
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Great historic hotel. Only issue that I had was that at 12:30am, I tried to call for a wake-up call and no one answered the operator line for four minutes (I was on my computer and noted the time). I then called the concierge and then it took another three minutes. I finally called the emergency line and asked to be transferred to the night manager. I was then transferred to Kirk, who identified himself as the night manager and he told me that the hotel is not fully staffed at night and that is what caused the problem.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed.

I also noticed that it took quite a long time to check in. Then, when I caught the elevator and the door was about to close, the bellman held the door for quite a long time to fill his cart with baggage. I know that this sounds really picky, but I was late for a meeting already and I just didn't expect this. Turns out that this is a major hotel for flight crews and this seems to be their priority.

Kind felt like this was a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I am in an '08 room (408 to be exact). Seems quiet tonight.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SmartTravelGuy
joecardone, Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
We appreciate your review of The Mayflower and apologize that aspects of your stay fell short of your expectations. All of your concerns will be shared with our management team as we are always working to enhance our facility. We are happy to share we are certain we have taken steps that will eliminate the issues you experienced. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

We would like to assure all TripAdvisor readers that great service and the well being of our guests is our number one priority. It is disheartening for us to hear of a guest experience such as this. Although we are confident in the abilities of our associates, we encourage any guest that feels that an issue has been inadequately resolved to reach out to our General Manager or a member of our Executive Team.
RI
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We arrived at 6:00pm with my wife and 3 children ages 5-9 - valet was great, bellman great, front counter great. Room at first glance seemed accomodating requested a roll-away bed thinking couch was a pullout and 2 youngest could sleep there. We check out the sites and arrive back to the Hotel at 10:00 kids are exhausted and in semi meltdown mode. My wife removes the cushions on the couch - suprise! Not a pull out. At the time we made our reservation the hotel requested the the number of adults and kids then asked the kids ages. Where did they think 3 kids would sleep on 1 roll- away? 10:15 we request an additional roll-away and are told it might be a fire hazard and not permissable. After much discussion with housekeeping we received the roll-away. The hotel should make it clear the couch is not a pull out. Very aggravating. The view from the room overlooks a nasty roof and AC stystem. Zero view! Dumpster emptying every morning. Good side close to amenities and sites. Beautiful historic hotel. Probably wouldn't return with the kids.

• Stayed April 2012