3,002 results
All reviews thomas circle white house outdoor pool within walking distance bottled water self parking turn down service central location hotel restaurant convention center would highly recommend this hotel few blocks metro station sharda mall cvs conference
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed here as part of a wedding package. The room was small but clean and comfortable. Shower pressure was small and pressure was poor. No tub if that matters to you. We had a lovely view of the outdoor pool and surrounding area (802). However, we did hear sirens a few times during the night. Not many restaurants in the area and many are closed for breakfast on Sunday. Staff was pleasant but not knowledgeable about restaurants being closed as they sent us to two which were. We took Uber so can't comment on access to Metro. Overall, a good option for DC.

Room tip: 802 has a lovely view of the surrounding area and pool but you will hear sirens throughout the night.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying and I’m sorry to hear that not everything was to your liking. I’m glad however, that you found your accommodations comfortable and clean and our team pleasant. Please know that there is an abundance of great restaurants and evening entertainment on 14th Street, just a few blocks from our hotel. If you are planning to visit us again in the future, please ask our team for a map of restaurants in our area. I apologize that the restaurants they recommended were closed that day. We hope you will give our hotel another chance in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights here. The staff was unfailingly polite and friendly. We especially appreciated the onsite parking that was priced much more reasonably than other hotels in the area. The room was spacious, quiet and clean, and the bed and pillows very comfortable. We slept well every night. There are lots of nice, fun, excellent restaurants within walking distance, especially north of the hotel; and lots of inexpensive lunchy places just south. While the hotel is in downtown Washington D.C., it is over a mile and a half to the mall, which in itself is pretty long, so wear your comfortable shoes. The nearest metro is nearly half a mile away. We are pretty fit, so walked a lot, but if you are not able to do that, you may opt for something closer to the mall. Overall, a very nice visit and a hotel that could absolutely recommend.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marthaditomasso

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I’m delighted to hear how comfortable you were! I must agree our location is so convenient for visitors to downtown DC and public transportation makes it easier to explore the area. Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

My daughter and I had a nice 3 night stay. The standard might be a 3-star and it may seem a little old-fashioned and dated, but I appreciate their policy to keep the original 1962 style. The hotel scores on a very good location, cleanliness and nice staff/good service. There is a well equipped gym in the basement and a nice pool which opended the day we departed (our stay was quite rainy).
The breakfast and dinner options in the restaurant are satisfactory, but we highly recommend «the dabney» just a 15 minutts walk. It serves excellent american food in an old farm house with great atmosphere.

Date of stay: May 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you and your daughter had an enjoyable stay with us. I’m glad you found our newly renovated Fitness Center well-equipped and you recognized us for cleanliness, great service and location. We look forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

In the core of DC proper, I was fortunate enough to stay at the Washington Plaza Hotel. The location is hard to beat at this hotel, and though decor may not be completely current, the Staff is awesome! The hotel rooms are spacious, with lots of living room to spread out in. The food at the hotel restaurant and the bar is tasty and plentiful and all the friends I was with had no complaints about the quality.....the bread pudding and death by chocolate desserts were quite literally something to die for....Ask for Carlos, Jim or Sarah at the bar....they know what customer service is...It was Police Week and at times the staff were swamped, but always gracious and apologetic. My first trip to DC, and with with luck I will stay here again in the future...

Trip type: Travelled on business
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that your first trip to DC was so enjoyable. I was most appreciative that you would mention our friendly team and central location, two of our best attributes. I will be certain to share your comments with everyone. We look forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

A coworker and I had a conference at the Washington Conference Center; this location was a lovely 15 minute walk to that location, not to mention a 2 minute walk to lots of fabulous restaurants on 14th street. We made use of the bar/restaurant as well as the fitness center, both of which were perfect - servers were helpful and knowledgeable about local happenings and the gym was well equipped. It was also nice for a doorman with a friendly smile to greet you each day. The room was an ample size and facilities were clean. However, the best part for my coworker and me was that the bathtub/toilet area was enclosed, separate from the vanity....perfect for sharing a space and getting ready in the mornings. All hotels should have this!!

Date of stay: April 2018

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Washington, DC! We pride ourselves on being a hotel that has something for everyone to enjoy whether on a business or leisure trip, and we are delighted you were satisfied with our accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!