“Lavish hotel”

Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Lavish hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a real nice hotel,,,specially if you catch their weekend special 3 nts for the price of 2!!!
The hotel is beautiful, well located, wonderful food and great service
amanda, the concierge was so helpful,,,,
The only disapointing thing was their Wifi, very weak and if you need to work , its a lost case there!!!
Besides this, we were v comfortable and loved our stay!!

Room Tip: Try your luck and ask for upgrade to a suit It was quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Shaily521,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the internet inconveniences you experienced with us. These issues have been noted and are already being addressed. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Davidson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay. Not a single negative comment. Simply a wonderful stay. Room was spacious and clean.. Consistent service from check in to check out. You will be pleased. Free breakfast at the Blue Duck Tavern was a plus.

• Stayed September 2012
Sydney
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at the Park Hyatt for four nights over summer with our two teenage sons and found it a great base for all our DC activities. The property offered fantastic rates as the Senate wasn't sitting and was very accommodating in meeting our request for two adjoining rooms - so we were delighted when one of the rooms was upgraded to a suite.
The rooms were spacious and very well presented and the bathroom in the suite was exceptionally stylish. The toiletries were lovely, which was a bonus. The service was efficient and friendly at all times and the concierge was very helpful in providing advice on transport and attractions, particularly given our stay covered July 4 when many streets were blocked off.
Yes the bar is a little pricey as are the laundry charges, but that's just five-star hotels generally. Well worth it for the superior rooms and service. And the location is great - a short stroll to the Foggy Bottom metro if you want public transport and a very easy walk into Georgetown for great restaurants, cafes and shopping. A winner!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BusyMumTraveller
ParkHyattDC, Front Office Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear BusyMumTraveller,

Thank you for your recent review. It is wonderful to read how much you & your family enjoyed your stay with us. There is lots to do in this area, and it's great that your sons got to take advantage of the attractions. We hope to welcome you back again.

Sincere Regards,
Ratna Steden, Front Office Manager
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here during a four day trip to DC. This hotel was one of my favorites. The decor is clean and modern, the concierge was extremely accomodating, and the food at Blue Duck Tavern was some of the best we've had this year. I usually don't care for the complimentary toiletries, but the Park Hyatt uses the Le Labo Bergamot line (which is one my perfumes). We did forget a few things (contact solution, shaving cream) but guest services was able to bring some up rather than us having to find a CVS or Walgreens. I believe we stayed in a Premium Park Deluxe which was very spacious. The location was great and within walking distance of some great restaurant (if you choose not to try the Blue Duck). I will say that it was not a close walk to the national mall, so we ended up driving or taking a cab. Overall, great stay and the service was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephiGator
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear StephiGator,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our property...and what a coincidence that our Le Labo Bergamote scent is your fragrance as well! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit, from your spacious Premier Park Deluxe room to our celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,
Renee Sharrow
Director of Public Relations
Chicago
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Washington for four nights for a combination work/personal visit. The location of the hotel is great and close to the downtown, restaurants, museums and nightlife. The hotel grounds are well kept and very clean. I stayed in a suite which was spacious, clean and had a modern decor. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel gym is large by hotel standards and has adequate equipment for a good workout. One downside to the physical attributes of the property was that the internet service was spotty at best--both wifi and ethernet. This was problematic because my internet connection kept dropping while I was attending work-related webcasts. Another downside is the noise. Because most buildings don't exceed a certain height in the District, the rooms are relatively close to street level and all of the traffic noise. I believe this is a common problem with District hotels, especially if you are a light sleeper. The hotel restaurant--the Blue Duck Tavern--seems to get rave reviews. I ate there a few times during my stay and it was good, but a bit overhyped.

As for the service, it was good and met my expectations for a Park Hyatt. The doormen and front desk staff were attentive and friendly. Everyone was quick to acknowledge and recognize my Diamond status and the perqs that go with it. The Diamond breakfast was great and generous. The only criticism I had with respect to the breakfast is that management should let Diamond members enjoy it wherever they want--whether it's in the restaurant or brought to their room. On some of the days I was able to get my breakfast delivered to my room, but the staff made such a big deal about this and they seemed to have to jump through so many hoops to make this happen. As the Hyatt's top guests, management should let us enjoy our perqs wherever we like as some other high-end Hyatt properties do. In my opinion the highest marks go to housekeeping--they bent over backwards to cater to my needs and did a great job of keeping my room and the property in great shape. Few people realize the critical role that housekeeping plays and I hope that management will reward the housekeeping staff for doing their job consistently well.

I'll be back.