2,352 results
All reviewsvenetian roomwhite houseceiling fancharming hotelworld bankgeorge washington universityfoggy bottomdressing areasmall kitchenettestay there againwhole foodsoffice buildingwithin walking distancean older hotelfew blocksupgraded to a suitebed was very comfortable
Reviewed 17 May 2018

If you are visiting Washington DC and considering somewhere to stay I would suggest you look no further. This hotel is wonderful for so many reasons. Fantastic location within easy walking distance to all the tourist attractions and restaurants. The hotel itself is unique, classy and inviting. Beautifully decorated and preserved. Our suite was fantastic, on the 5th floor overlooking Pennsylvania Ave, however, there was no noise at all! The staff are so welcoming and friendly. We ate at the restaurant here as the weather was awful. The food and service (thank you Mohammed) was absolutely fabulous, so much so that we ate there a second time despite there being so much choice near by.
All in all it is difficult to explain why the Hotel Lombardy is so special, it just is! A bit like Washington DC itself! Wish there was a 10 star option.

Room Tip: Suite 504 is wonderful, quiet, spacious ... We may have to be dragged out!!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Greetings Helen R!

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our classic restaurant and our central location. Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I felt like I traveled back to early 1900s DC. The lounge is intimate with velvet seating and muted lighting. The staff is friendly. Helpful. The hotel is small and it all feels very intimate and romantic. The guest rooms are modern.

Room Tip: Price is mid-range for DC
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings limaggieliz!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel. I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful experience with us. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Washington D.C. visiting friends on a day trip from Raleigh, NC. On the way, we decided it would be best to stay overnight. After a brief search online, we came across the Hotel Lombardy. It looked nice from the photos, rates seemed reasonable, and it was in close vicinity to our friends and many points of interest in D.C. After an attempt to book through a booking website was unsuccessful, I called the hotel directly and made the reservation relatively easy. From the moment we arrived until checkout, we were incredibly pleased with our stay. The service was exceptional and the staff was very accommodating!! I had incidentally booked the room twice and the front desk clerk fixed it quickly...and with a smile! We utilized the valet service, as parking can be difficult in large cities, and we were pleasantly surprised by the attention and friendliness from valet staff. The hotel itself was very clean and had modern amenities with old-school class and style. The bed was super comfy after trekking 10 miles through the city. In addition to the restaurant in the hotel, there are several restaurants of different price points within a block of the hotel. We highly recommend staying at the Hotel Lombardy, whether overnight or for an extended stay. It’s now our go-to for future trips to Washington D.C.!!

Greetings Benetta B!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and ensuring your next visit is another amazing experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I am officially a regular here and it feels better than home - always great to be back. The staff here are wonderful (Anajjar- Corixa- London, Walter + all the others) super accommodating and respectful. I have the best time ever at the Lombardy!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Greetings Cristina N!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our hotel. The pleasure is all ours and we are honored to have you as our guest. I want to thank you again for choosing the Hotel Lombardy and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located very centrally if you want to explore Washington DC. It is about 16 minutes walk from the White House, 20 minutes from Lincoln Memorial. 10 minutes from George Town and West end. There are enough good restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel rooms are nice, clean with a good sized bed. Only the walls are very thin. As specially the Americans are very loud speaking, you will hear everything from your next door neighbor and people walking in the corridors. I advice to sleep with earplugs. But for the rest it is a good hotel to stay.

Greetings Frank K!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased by the level of noise near your room. On the other hand, I am delighted to read that your enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.