All reviews rooftop pool hotel helix premier spa suite front desk pool closes wine hour executive king whole foods logan circle huge tv lots of great restaurants great boutique special thanks city view walking distance favorite hotel bars and restaurants
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I made my last-minute reservation through Hotel Tonight for a one-night stay in November, 2017. I arrived early, and while they didn't have a room ready for me, they gladly checked my luggage and helped with directions to lunch and to the Capitol. I returned after check-in time, got my key cards and went to my room to work.

My only issue during my stay (hence the 4/5 review) was that my room door was open when I arrived at the room, as was the mini bar. It was obvious that whomever was stocking the mini bar had just forgotten to close up. I notified the front desk and they apologized and offered me a new room. I passed on the room change, just wanted to be sure I wasn't charged for anything from the mini bar, and I wasn't.

At the time of my visit, they had a "watch butler" program available in the lobby. Before dinner, I chose a watch, paid the deposit, and wore it right up until check out the next day, when I returned the watch and received my deposit back. Really cool perk!! The service was outstanding, the room was really large, with a comfy bed and a really nice bathroom including a walk-in shower.

I highly recommend Mason and Rook, and Kimpton Hotels in general. Looking forward to my next visit, and to also returning when it's warm out so I can take advantage of the rooftop pool.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

This is lovely, thank you! So nice to read your note about our team...we try our hardest to accommodate everyone! ;) We look forward to seeing you again once the pool reopens!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We very much enjoyed our visit to the Mason & Rook Hotel. The front desk staff was very efficient and welcoming, our room (804) was nice, very spacious and clean.
The bed was slightly too soft for our liking, but comfortable nevertheless. Huge TV screen (not that we used it much!) . A couple more hooks for robes in the bathroom and coats in the room would be helpful. The toiletries are nice, but no slippers were in the room.
The gym is small but with enough equipment for a good workout.

We really liked the commin poace, where coffee is served in the morning and a complimentary ‘wine hour’ takes place between 5-6pm

We would definitely return

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for this review! I'm happy to see you had a lovely visit and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Checked in on a very rainy Tuesday afternoon to be greeted by friendly and efficient Front staff. Invited to partake in a glass or three of quite nice wine in a "mixer". My room was quite modern and very clean. Nice and quiet. I was very impressed with all aspects of my stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be of the same high standard
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

I am so happy we were able to provide you with a great experience despite what was happening outside :( at least you had a dry place to enjoy a glass of wine! Please come back soon.

All my best,

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Check-in to any Kimpton hotel in any city & you'll find their standard for quality and service is across-the-board EXCELLENT. Kimpton Mason & Rook is no exception. GREAT Location for the D.C. visitor wanting to be close to everything -- we either walked or took very short cab rides to all of the restaurants & sites.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow! Thank you so much for this review. What a wonderful way to start the week! Thank you for the kind comments and please plan to come back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Great environment! Great staff! Great location! I travel to DC quite a bit and it has quickly become my favorite place to stay. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone traveling in the area. It genuinely feels like my home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

I love this review! Thank you for your enthusiasm about us, and your kind words. We appreciate the time and effort and will look forward to seeing you back soon. Thank you!