All reviewsrooftop poolhotel helixpremier spa suitefront deskpool closeswine hourexecutive kingwhole foodslogan circlehuge tvlots of great restaurantsgreat boutiquespecial thankscity viewwalking distancefavorite hotelbars and restaurants
Reviewed 12 November 2017

My wife and I had a great stay. We are around 5pm on a Friday and our check in was painless. The valet was a little clunky because of the location and traffic but the doormen were very efficient and did a good job. After check-in we enjoy a glass of wine during the complementary wine hour before heading up to our room. Once entering our room our luggage was there waiting for us and the staff surprised us with a special gift for our honeymoon . The room was everything we expect and was as beautiful as advertised. The decor was cozy and elegant.

We ventured down to the Radiator restaurant/bar for happy and dinner. It had a speak easy kind of feel. The atmosphere was great, the bartenders were friendly and attentive. Their happy hour menu was great and the price were outstanding for being located in DC. The food was top notch and I can say that was the best burger I have ever had. The wife and I found ourselves losing track of time while enjoying ourselves relaxing at the bar.

We will definitely be back in the summer to enjoy the rooftop pool and bar which was closed because of the time of the season we visited.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Joseph,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this glowing review :) We are so happy you and your wife had such a wonderful time on your honeymoon with us. You should totally make it an annual thing and come back every year! We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Mason & Rook Hotel made a few mistakes while I was a guest there. I'm forgiving of the problems, however, because (1) it's an attractive and well-maintained property--and I liked my room, (2) it's a great location, (3) the staff treated me very well; they're friendly and caring people, and (4) the place just has a good vibe.

I'm going to stay there again when I'm back in DC . . . and you'd likely be happy there too!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for the 5 stars :) while your stay wasn't perfect I am happy we were able to overcome that with the service we provided. I hope next time your stay will be flawless. We look forward to having you again!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Super friendly staff, and a special thanks to the house keeping staff who took very good care of me when I fell ill...

Comfy rooms, huge tv, very nice rooftop terrace... Too bad the pool was closed, but it just meens I have to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing the love of our staff :) especially housekeeping, they work so hard and definitely get the least recognition, I will share this with the whole team to celebrate a job well done. We hope your future travels brings you back to us soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Mason and Rook is a wonderful hotel in the best part of DC - right off of 14th street, you are seconds away from incredible restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and shopping. The Radiator, their first floor bar and restaurant has a great bartender and the rooftop bar has great views of DC and fun drinks! The room itself was huge, had fun decor, and nice bathroom products. We did a "stay-cation" here on NYE and were thrilled with the overall experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Serendipity789, this is such a nice review. I'm so honored that we have left such an impression on you even after all this time. I suggest another stay real soon :) thank you for staying with us.

All my best,

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Beautiful hotel, filled with a staff that could not be more accommodating and friendly. It's nice to be around people who seem to truly love their jobs. The decor is modern and elegant and your pets are welcome.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We will gladly accept that title :) I will share your kind words with the team. Thank you so much for staying with us. Please come back soon.