All reviews rooftop pool premier spa suite pool closes whole foods wine hour executive king logan circle huge tv lots of great restaurants great boutique special thanks front desk staff boutique hotel city view walking distance favorite hotel bars and restaurants
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Stayed here on business for 5 nights.
Rooms are very spacious. Hotel is well located.
Service is average at best: room service not always available (in fact they rarely respond to calls in the afternoon); concierge is useless; my TV remote seemed to have displaced during housekeeping, I call for replacement which came 24 hrs later...
Finally, at check out, ask for your paper invoice! I was told I will receive the invoice by email, it never came IN SPITE OF MY REPEAT ASKING!. Then , I found out that my credit card was charged an extra $50 for no reason (given to me at least) at all...those are really questionable practices!
Not sure I'll stay here again if I have the choice.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank planetkenyasafaris
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Oh wow, I'm really sorry about the service issues during your stay with us. I understand that the billing confusion centered around the overnight parking charge. However, getting a remote delivered to the room and a copy of your bill emailed out should be incredibly easy. I'll review this with the team. We'll be on it moving forward.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Good location , well decorated , good sleeping , very quiet , good accommodation , but a little bit Noisy when is rerserved for private event, expensive but as all the good hotel in Washington DC , globally satisfied

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We're so sorry about the noise from the event. We don't do noisy events to often. But, we will definitely consider this in the future. Come see us again soon. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

As I was leaving, I thought perhaps there was a psychic valet on staff because my car was waiting for me in the driveway before I even handed in my ticket. Nope, the valet, Milion, saw me walking up and remembering what I looked like, took the initiative to get my car. It was very impressive and shows a high level of personalized service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for the review! We really appreciate it. Million is the best. It's so great to hear that he was on it. He's truly such a caring person. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I've stayed at this hotel three times and have been happy with it in the past, but this time the room I was given felt neglected and shabby. The service was not up to par. One example: there was no coffee machine in the room when I checked in, and when they brought one after my requesting it, they didn't bring any coffee with it (that took another phone call). Then that night, when I got back to the hotel at nearly midnight, dead tired after sixteen hours of meetings, I saw that the coffee and cups had not been replenished during the day, so I had to call down again to ask for coffee (my morning was to start bright and early for another packed day of meetings), and I waited almost half and hour before it arrived. That just doesn't seem ... ok. And then there was no hot water in the bathroom sink, the receptionist was indifferent to the point of rudeness when I checked in, the buttons on the telephone didn't work so I called the front desk on an outside line by cellphone (and when I explained this to the front desk, suggesting they might want to fix the phone, whoever I was talking to said "well, you're talking to me now, right?"), the pillows smelled vaguely of cigarette smoke, etc. I'm going to give this place one more chance on my next trip to DC because it's been a good value and I quite like the neighborhood, but if things are not better the next time I'm not going to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Oh no. I'm so sorry about this. There's a lot to unpack here. We'll review this as a team and get things back on track for your next stay. Looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night at Kimpton Mason & Rook for business and had our kids with us. From the minute we arrived the staff was super friendly. I was amazed how everyone from the front desk staff to valet team was over the top helpful. They were so great with our kids and immediately took our toddler to a toy chest in the lobby to pick out a little toy when we arrived. They were beyond friendly and helpful! The room was nice and very clean. Beds were also very comfortable. Giant TVs in the room which my son loved to watch a cartoon on. Also in such a great location. Whole Foods and restaraunt were one block away. I wish we had more time to stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thanks for the review! Nothing beats the treasure chest. There's so much fun stuff in there. It's great to hear that the team took such good care of you. We hope to see you all again soon.