“Great customer service”

Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel
Ranked #38 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I chose the Mason and Rook Hotel for my first anniversary after visiting several properties in the Dupont are. I love the Kimpton hotel group and have always had good experiences with them. Mason and Rook had exactly the feel that I wanted for our anniversary. It's very sexy and modern (it's one of the newer hotels in the area) and it had a very boutique feel to it. The amenities are also impressive. The rooftop bar is very cool and the hotel loans bikes out to guests to tool around the city. And its location is fantastic. Walking distance to tons of restaurants and bars, yet still on a very quiet tree-lined street. Overall it has a very chic, sexy feel to it.
But that isn't what impressed me most. The manager totally saved my hide. I had booked the hotel and forgotten to double check the date. I know, I'm an idiot. So the night before our reservation (or so I thought) I called to check the reservation and the secret champagne package I ordered to surprise my spouse. They couldn't find a reservation for me for the following day, so I pulled up my confirmation email and to my horror realized that I had booked the hotel for that very night. Huge mistake. It was already 8pm. My heart sank. I'd ruined my first wedding anniversary. I asked if there was any way that I could move the reservation to the next day, and the woman I was speaking to in reservations apologized and stated that since it was a pre-paid non-refundable booking, my only option would be to appeal to the hotel manager, or lose the reservation. She patched me through to the manager who without any hesitation changed my booking to the next day. My anniversary was saved thanks to this wonderful woman.
The stay was perfect. The rooms are huge and very comfortable. The secret champagne package was incredible and a huge hit. We absolutely loved this hotel.
My only advice would be to always book through the hotel's website. I think a big reason why they were so wonderful is because I am a Karma Rewards member and I always book through the hotel itself and not third-party websites.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I'm fairly sure that all of the rooms are good and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Wow, thanks for the love! Don't beat yourself up about a little booking snafu. It happens to the best of us. Glad we were able to help you get it sorted out. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Found this hotel last minute because of issues accommodation issues at another hotel in DC and was extremely happy that I did! friendly staff and very clean rooms! Although I did not have my pets with me, I was delighted to find out that this establishment is pet-friendly! will definitely book here again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank csimm0ns

Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Looking forward to your return with the pooches. We can't wait to meet them. See you soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We found Kimpton 's Mason & Rook to be an exceptional hotel. Kimpton always delivers quality, but they out did themselves here. It is a hip, beautiful place with a great staff and comfortable rooms. We loved our suite!

Room Tip: Higher floors are best
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Oh wow. That's high praise. Thank you so much! Stop by and see us the next time your travels bring you back to DC.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

After spending 3 days in Reston for a professional meeting, decided to go to DC for 2 more days. I reserved at the Mason & Rook because of its good review in the internet. The hotel is very well located in downtown DC, one block away from series of good restaurants. The rooms are excellent, clean and spacious, with a 65" TV. Would defenitly recommend it for short break out in the city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thanks so much for taking the time to share some feedback. Nothing beats carving out a little time for a weekend in Logan Circle. The TVs are by far my favorite feature of the rooms. They're pretty awesome!

Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Just off 16th Avenue, this boutique hotel offers all you need for either a business or leisure trip. I loved the rooms, the staff, the breakfast, the rooftop pool and rooftop bar with its views and the cocktail hour. I didn't like the fact I couldn't vape on the rooftop and, despite it being 88 degrees, the pool was closed...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thanks for sharing a little love! We appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.