All reviewsrooftop poolhotel helixpremier spa suitefront deskpool closeswine hourexecutive kingwhole foodshuge tvlogan circlelots of great restaurantsspecial thanksgreat boutiquecity viewwalking distancefavorite hotelbars and restaurants
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I was very impressed with the new Mason & Rook Hotel. The rooms are over-sized and spacious. Great attention to detail, and very nice decor. Loved the spacious bathroom and shower. You can't beat the location, especially with all the new restaurants 14th Street. If you've stayed here when it was Hotel Helix, then you are in for a treat. Kimpton did a great job upgrading this property, and the staff was just as nice.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thanks so much for the fantastic feedback! I love it when our guests get a chance to take in some of the neighborhood charm. I always say 14th street can't be beat! Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We enjoyed our recent stay. Staff was very attentive. The hotel has been renovated so our room was impressive, especially the bathroom. We enjoyed the daily wine hour at 5:00 pm. Great way to relax before going out to dinner. Be sure to check our the roof top pool. Great views! Lots of restaurants in the area that you can walk to. Also a Whole Foods a block away.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thanks so much for this fantastic review! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and even carved out some time to check out the neighborhood a bit. Pool season officially kicks off Memorial Day Weekend. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Really enjoyed my five nights here. In general the hotel seemed to have a cinnamon fragrance to it, with very modern furnishings.
+ Aria at the front desk was exceptionally helpful. Rest of the staff was also great.
+ They let me check in early which I greatly appreciated, and upgraded my room for free (though unfortunately it was on the back side that faces the backs of other buildings).
+ The lamps all had electrical outlets on the base to allow for easy plug in of phone, laptop, etc.

- Keycard failed to work a couple of times, which meant a trip back down to the lobby get new ones. I guess they easily get demagnetized. Shame there isn't a better technology out there.
- Gym is on the small side, for weights there is only free weights, no machines.
- Metro is not so convenient to get to, but the 14th St bus lines are within 100 yards.
- There is a card in the room that lists the small things they have upon request, one of which was sealable plastic bags, but when I called they said they didn't have any. I had some items I needed to seal before checking out and getting my flight, so this was a disappointment.

Overall pluses definitely outweigh the minuses, I'd stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thanks for the visit and for taking the time to share some feedback! It's so great to read that Auria took good care of you. Sorry about the key cards. It's not something we hear often. But, they can be fickle on occasion. Come see us the next time you're in town. We'd love to have you back.

Donte Johnson

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This place was excellent. We had a studio room and it was beautiful. The bed was so comfortable. The thing that impressed me the most was the staff. They are so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thanks so much for this awesome review. It's always great to hear about the team really wrapping its arms around our guests. Come see us again soon. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Just spent the weekend in DC. This hotel has recently been redone and is a great location for a weekend break. Rooms are a good size, comfortable beds and friendly staff. Very nice roof top bar, and best of all walking distance to 14th avenue and all it's amenities. A very reasonably priced hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thanks for sharing a little love! I'm glad the team took great care of you and you liked the new hotel. It's so great to hear that you carved out some time to explore the neighborhood. 14th street can't be beat! Come see us again soon.