“Very nice hotel, great location”

Grand Hyatt Washington
Ranked #72 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, DE
“Very nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We went for our anniversary and everyone made us feel special...complimentary champagne on two occasions. The hotel is very well located with lots of restaurants nearby. Our room was quite nice and comfortable, although only one small window overlooking the courtyard and right next to the elevator which was unfortunately quite noisy. We would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Longboat Key FL
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Well run high-volume business hotel. Easily accommodates a large number of people all trying to do the same things at the same time, like check in, grab a Starbucks or snacks from the in-house convenience area, get a quick lunch, access the Metro, use the elevators. Room was well furnished for business use (lighting, desk space, etc.)

Not for romance. Fine for families who want to get in and out and on to sightseeing.

In-room amenities like towels, soaps, etc.are just a step above budget business hotel level.

Room Tip: Choose between an outside street view, or inside courtyard view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was traveling for business and reserved a room with a king size bed about a week in advanced. I selected the hotel since it was on my firm’s preferred list of hotels in the D.C. area. When I checked-in, the guy at the front desk told me that the hotel was sold out and there was only a lounge/small conference room that was available on the 1st floor that has a pull-out sofa bed. I was hesitant, but it was already close to 6pm and I was too tired from all day meetings & travelling that I accepted it. I walked in the room and was appalled! It looked like a poker lounge – it was dark room with the smell of cigarette smoke with awful looking sofa bed and a full bar/kitchenette (can just imagine people staying in there for a bachelor party or something). The room had a couple of entrance doors– which as a petite young woman, I didn’t feel comfortable, especially since it was on the 1st floor. I didn’t even put down my bags and went back downstairs and told the front desk if they don’t have any other rooms then let me know now, so I can make the appropriate arrangement with my firm’s travel agent in such short notice. Well surprisingly, a room opened up on the 11th floor and the only thing the front desk guy could say was the they have a no-smoking policy and the person who had that room before will need to pay a fine. I told him that’s beside the point and funny how another room just happened to be available. The room he gave me was 1,000 times better! However, the fact that they preferred to give me such a crappy room to begin with, shows me how they don’t value and appreciate their business clients, who usually spend a lot of money with them. Very disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank live2travelchix
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. Please know that this is not what our guests should come to expect while staying at our property. Rest assured that I will be following up on this matter immediately. We appreciate all of our guests whether they are traveling on business or leisure. If you would like to discuss the details of your stay please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a true Hyatt experience.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The room was comfy and clean, and the restaurant served very good food. My only complaint: paying for wifi. Why?

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quiet and look out on the atrium. My understanding is that the views from the outsi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cheryld524
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at this hotel. Convenient to walk down to the mall or to take the subway down to the mall. Good restaurants on site and in the immediate area. Nice place for conferences.

Stayed April 2012