I was traveling for business and reserved a room with a king size bed about a week in advanced. I selected the hotel since it was on my firm’s preferred list of hotels in the D.C. area. When I checked-in, the guy at the front desk told me that the hotel was sold out and there was only a lounge/small conference room that was available on the 1st floor that has a pull-out sofa bed. I was hesitant, but it was already close to 6pm and I was too tired from all day meetings & travelling that I accepted it. I walked in the room and was appalled! It looked like a poker lounge – it was dark room with the smell of cigarette smoke with awful looking sofa bed and a full bar/kitchenette (can just imagine people staying in there for a bachelor party or something). The room had a couple of entrance doors– which as a petite young woman, I didn’t feel comfortable, especially since it was on the 1st floor. I didn’t even put down my bags and went back downstairs and told the front desk if they don’t have any other rooms then let me know now, so I can make the appropriate arrangement with my firm’s travel agent in such short notice. Well surprisingly, a room opened up on the 11th floor and the only thing the front desk guy could say was the they have a no-smoking policy and the person who had that room before will need to pay a fine. I told him that’s beside the point and funny how another room just happened to be available. The room he gave me was 1,000 times better! However, the fact that they preferred to give me such a crappy room to begin with, shows me how they don’t value and appreciate their business clients, who usually spend a lot of money with them. Very disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt