“Nice place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The room was comfy and clean, and the restaurant served very good food. My only complaint: paying for wifi. Why?

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quiet and look out on the atrium. My understanding is that the views from the outsi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cheryld524
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Riverton, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at this hotel. Convenient to walk down to the mall or to take the subway down to the mall. Good restaurants on site and in the immediate area. Nice place for conferences.

Stayed April 2012
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Oh the Grand Hyatt… I really wanted to like it, I really did. It looked so pretty from the outside, but inside not so much. I had to travel once again to DC for work and their aloof staff messed up my reservation. When I told them I confirmed the previous day for a king size bed, which the person on the phone said they would have it available, they shrugged it off, not at all apologetic and said they were full. Oh and it was birthday too, which I’m sure they knew since they had to check my ID. Nice. The room was clean, yes, but nothing that wowed me enough that I would pay $200+/night. Personally, I don’t think the location is that great. The hotel is located around designer stores, but when you want some food, are there any good restaurants around besides the Starbucks in the lobby and overpriced room service? Nope. The only good thing about this place is that the metro is underground at the hotel, a life saver when DC was pouring cats and dogs one morning and I was able to get to my conference dry. Other than that, DC has so many hotels that are so much nicer and a lot more convenient near the tourist attractions.

If this wasn’t the only hotel available during the week of my conference, I sure would not have bothered!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sakurajme
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am disappointed that this stay was less than ideal. Please know that we want to accommodate all of our guests needs and we apologize that we were not able to confirm your preferred bed type. Our location is within walking distance from several different sights as well as shopping and dining. Our guests also have the ability to access the metro from the lobby. If you would like to discuss the details of your stay please do not hesitate to contact us.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Really enjoyed our latest stay at the Grand Hyatt in Washington DC over Spring Break. The hotel is very nice, clean, service was also very welcoming. I loved the location the most. We parked our car in the Self Parking lot and never used it for 4 days. You can walk to most sites downtown including White House, Capital etc. The metro station is attached to the hotel so whenever you need you can take the Metro. We used it for many trips.

We did not eat in the hotel so can't offer any information as to the Cafe. We did however use the Starbucks in the hotel for coffee and the deli for breakfast once. In my opinion it's all overpriced so if you just walk a few blocks to your destination we always found an au bon pain or a deli or something where we can grab breakfast or lunch. It's also a few blocks from Chinatown so we enjoyed eating there as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mommyof2NewJersey
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very great and convenient location.

Other than that... nothing else about this hotel really impressed me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends