All reviewsu streetdupont circlewhite housequaint hotelrooms are smallminute walknational mallstreet parkinggreat neighborhoodfew blocksmetro
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

What can I say, good hotel and a rather cheap price.
I felt the service and attention to detail were on par with the star rating.

Quite impressed with the rooms.
I would certainly stay here again if passing through.

Andrew

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AndrewPhilWoo
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Clean and convenient. Not large, but served it's purpose. Reasonable rate in good part of town. Great for a short stay. Would stay again if I had the need. Bed was very comfortable. Very quiet. Coffee/ tea in lobbym

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank April S
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

My first impression was not good, but the place grew on me. It's old and worn, but clean. My room was tiny, only about 18 inches of room on each side of the bed.

It's in an excellent location - within a few blocks of dozens of restaurants, bars, etc., and a $10 Lyft ride from the National Mall. There's a little corner store across the street. No parking, no hot tub or pool, no elevator.

The employees were great, especially Jamie. The cat is friendly. Some complained that the place smells, but it didn't while I was here. Breakfast is free, but lame. Waffles and 2 kinds of cereal, that's it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 21 March 2017

If you require some up-scale hotel, with décor that slavishly aligns with what's bland, and super-professional everything this is not the place for you. Windsor Inn is funky and cozy. It has a darling cat who lives in the old-world lobby. The décor definitely is older, and perhaps a little shabby. But it's charming. This won't be some place you immediately forget because it's like all the other business hotels you stay in. In my room the bed was a bit hard and the heating system temperamental. But I loved staying here. And it's in a great neighborhood!! After my business in the city I enjoyed just hanging out in the lobby -- there is a nice sense of "place" there. Meanwhile, although my room was a bit old-fashioned, the bathroom was brand new. The staff is very kind! This place is not for everyone. But it's less expensive than most other places, and people who enjoy a place with character will love it!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs request a room on the ground level.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Once you adjust your expectations accordingly, this is a great bargain for a European-style little hotel. I needed an affordable place at the last second, and this fit the bill admirably. Do not expect four-star amenities. There is a friendly lobby cat named Mimi, which for me is a *superb* amenity. There's coffee, and my small room was scrupulously clean. Some of the outlets didn't work, and the bathroom was chilly and sad, but the bed was comfy and I loved the architecture in the neighborhood and I could walk from Dupont Circle and how much time was I spending in the room, anyway? Oh! Also the rooms nearest the lobby are noisy...but I have a snoring husband at home and sleep with earplugs there, so big whoop. (And btw, it was actually quieter, and with warmer front-desk service, than the $400/night hotel I stayed in the next night.)

LOBBY. CAT. GOOD.

Room Tip: I was told to avoid basement rooms because they're cold in winter. Rooms near the lobby are noisy.
Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business