All reviews walkable distance dupont circle and foggy bottom nearby attractions restaurants and coffee shops small kitchenette great hotel white house yogurt recommend this hotel breakfast included spent two nights spacious room ideal location three nights comfortable stay two double beds enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Georgetown Inn West End a couple times and never been very impressed by it but never had a bad enough experience until last time.

I was preparing to go to sleep when I noticed there were blood stains on my sheets! I called down to reception and explained that it was too late at night to change rooms but asked to have the bed remade and I would switch rooms in the morning. The receptionist was apologetic and said someone would be up to change my room immediately. 15 minutes later the receptionist knocks on my door and hands me a bag of linens and says there is no one on staff to help me change the bed. Whatever. I am tired. I open the bag to change the sheets myself and there were two top sheets and an old, filthy fleece blanket – no comforter, pillowcases, or fitted sheet. I called reception again and she says I will just have to “make do” because she doesn’t know where housekeeping has placed the sheets (What?!?). At this point I give up on going to bed soon and request a new room. After another 15 minutes of waiting for her to sort it out, I get a new key and switch rooms to a room where the AC does not work and it SMELLS. I go back down to reception and a maintenance worker comes up and luckily gets the AC to work. It has been nearly 90 minutes since everything started and I finally get into bed, grab the remote to zone out to TV and…. The TV does not work.

The next morning I asked to have someone from management contact me and no one did. When checking out I asked to have someone from management contact me and no one did. Since then, I have called and spoken to someone claiming to be management TWICE and they said they would get back to me but guess what? No one did.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at West End part of the Georgetown Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Rebecca,
We're saddened to hear about your experience. Please accept our apologies for any issues with your bedding as well as for any concerns about the AC and TV. It's unfortunate we were not able to address these matters to your satisfaction, and we'll look into your comments further. The next time you're in the city, we'd be grateful for the chance to offer you accommodations that are more in line with your expectations.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We booked 2 rooms and we were able to get them side by side.
The hotel is located conveniently near most of the downtown attractions. There's a 24hours Walgreens and a gas station in the next block. There's 2 hours free parking across the street (which turns into free parking from 10pm to 7am)
Rooms are comfy with a small kitchenette. They have good breakfast and an amazing coffee maker in the main lobby.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at West End part of the Georgetown Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Usman,
We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us at West End part of The Georgetown Collection. Presenting our guests with comfortable lodging is something we aim for each day. We are happy we succeeded in doing so for you. It is also wonderful that you enjoyed our excellent location, helpful amenities, and delicious breakfast options. Please come and see us again soon. It would be an honor to welcome you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We were delighted when we opened the door and saw the size and layout of the room. Cleverly arranged to make it feel as if you have more than one room. Well located in a quiet area this hotel is close to Foggy Bottom Metro Station which gives you access to all the sites and museums. Also close to many different restaurants. Breakfast buffet included which, given the renovations to the normal area, was quite adequate with fried eggs, cereals, yogurt, fruit, juices and toast. Friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at West End part of the Georgetown Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Margaret,
Thank you for your kind review, we love knowing that our guests are satisfied. We're thrilled to see that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, friendly service, and convenient location. Also, we're happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations by providing you with a tasty breakfast. From our entire team here at West End part of The Georgetown Collection, we appreciate your business and would love to serve you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Loved our stay here. The hotel is in the NW section of DC and approximately a mile away from the national mall with a few metro stops just blocks away. The complimentary breakfast was great and the self park garage with full in-out privileges is just one block over.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gene H
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at West End part of the Georgetown Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Gene,
It is truly a pleasure to be able to provide our guests with comfortable lodging within a close proximity to many of the areas popular attractions. We're pleased to know that you enjoyed our full, hot breakfast and nearby parking as well. Thank you for choosing West End part of The Georgetown Collection, and we hope to see you again soon for another five-star experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We went to Washington DC in January, which was an extremely cold time there. Nonetheless, we enjoyed every moment we had there, even when we were just relaxing in our hotel room. We stayed in the Queen bedroom and it was very spacious; it had a bedroom and a separate living room area. The bed was extremely comfy and everything was clean and organized! The hotel does offer free breakfast, and I can tell you confidently that I'm not a morning person; however, I woke up everyday while I stayed here at 7am just to eat at their delicious breakfast buffet! The ham was so good! Everything was fresh, and the eating area was so convenient. I will definitely be staying here again my next visit! :)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sundaelay

It brightens our day to receive positive feedback from our guests, and we can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and delicious breakfast options. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future!