“Good but don’t expect too much!”
Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
Ranked #10 of 184 Nightlife in Washington DC
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Solid food and drinks, I had Irish Stew and Guinness! A long way though from really feeling like part of the Emerald Isle!

Date of experience: November 2018
"capital building"
"across the street"
"usa"

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We walked from the other side of Washington to have a drink here to be told the vacant tables were for dinner only! When we asked if there were any bar stools at the end we were told we could check! Having come from NYC and drank in many Irish bars across the world this has to be the all time worst! Do yourself a favour avoid this one and hop next door to the Irish Times where you are told to grab a seat and get a drink!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

This was recommended to us as we were here on business. It is a busy place and just a tad bit crowded but definitely worth it! I had the Shepard’s Pie and it definitely hit the spot. To my surprise it was bigger than I expected. I was absolutely full after finishing it. The Shepherd's Pie consisted of beef, lamb, onion, peas, carrots, Guinness gravy, & champ potatoes.
Our server’s name was Joe. He was very straight forward and direct, but also helpful and friendly. He always made sure we were doing well and looked after us. He had an Irish accent which was actually cool in an Irish restaurant. Overall Joe was awesome, as was the restaurant.
I will recommend this place if I know people visiting and if I lived here I would visit often. The selection of food and drinks was abundant. Give it a try!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Place is pleasant, food is good and price is reasonable! Waitresses are very kind and helpful always willing to a good service!

Date of experience: September 2018