“Folksy and Great”
Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
Ranked #5 of 181 Nightlife in Washington DC
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to stop in and have a pint and a shot of some nice Irish Whiskey. They have an extensive menu of beer and spirits that won’t disappoint. The location is a block from Central Station and right down the street from the Capital building. Great decor and feel, and the live entertainment is usually spot on for an Irish Pub. You can listen and sing along with local Irish artists, which makes for a great evening. And the food is also amazing. I highly recommend the fish and chips. This is an Irish Pub that won’t disappoint. And the fact that it’s attached to the Irish hotel, The Phoenix Park Inn, means when you’ve had a big night, you can stumble your way to a hotel room only a door away. Great combo.

All reviews
"guinness burger"
in 3 reviews
"monte cristo sandwich"
in 2 reviews
"ordered the corned beef"
in 2 reviews
"capital"
in 8 reviews
"metro"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 27 November 2017

My waiter had a bad attitude and the rest of the night really wasn't that great. The fish and chips are delicious though and the stew and corned beef are one of a kind.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I had the capital hill burger when I came here, it was really good. the Irish beer is nice too, I had a Guinness.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Back in May 2016, I reviewed The Dubliner and gave them low marks for the fishy smell that permeated the place. My wife and I revisited it in October 2017, to give it a second chance. I'm happy to report the fishy smell was gone, and I promised to review it again. We found the staff continue to be friendly and helpful, the 75 Irish Whiskeys on hand to be inclusive and mostly affordable. They had a good selection of beers which were served nice and cold. I had a Monte Cristo sandwich which was tasty and filling. My recommendation anytime you go to an Irish Pub in a new town is to sit at the bar and engage the bartender and locals in conversation, you can always pick up helpful and timely information.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We went there late on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The fish and chips smelled wonderful but I wasn't in the mood for fried food so we all stuck with the sandwiches. We had the Roast Beef (basically a French Dip), the Reuben and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. All sandwiches came with fries, slaw and a pickle. The sandwiches were great but I especially recommend the roast beef. Just be sure to like caraway seed as the bun is smothered in them. Prices are a bit steep but it is DC. Location is great. Service was very pleasant. If you find your self at the train station it is an especially convenient place to grab some food away from the station.