Open today: 7:30 AM - 3:00 AM
Review Highlights
Nice

Place is pleasant, food is good and price is reasonable! Waitresses are very kind and helpful... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
541karinec
Sao Paulo
via mobile
A Great Spot to Relax with Good Food

We had a very nice dinner at the Dubliner. It was busy and there was Irish music. My wife had the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from US$ 25.00
from US$ 99.00
from US$ 25.00
More Info
All reviews shepherds pie phoenix park hotel authentic irish pub guinness burger close to union station monte cristo sandwich ordered the corned beef capital building across the street usa
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My waiter had a bad attitude and the rest of the night really wasn't that great. The fish and chips are delicious though and the stew and corned beef are one of a kind.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I had the capital hill burger when I came here, it was really good. the Irish beer is nice too, I had a Guinness.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Back in May 2016, I reviewed The Dubliner and gave them low marks for the fishy smell that permeated the place. My wife and I revisited it in October 2017, to give it a second chance. I'm happy to report the fishy smell was gone, and I promised to review it again. We found the staff continue to be friendly and helpful, the 75 Irish Whiskeys on hand to be inclusive and mostly affordable. They had a good selection of beers which were served nice and cold. I had a Monte Cristo sandwich which was tasty and filling. My recommendation anytime you go to an Irish Pub in a new town is to sit at the bar and engage the bartender and locals in conversation, you can always pick up helpful and timely information.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We went there late on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The fish and chips smelled wonderful but I wasn't in the mood for fried food so we all stuck with the sandwiches. We had the Roast Beef (basically a French Dip), the Reuben and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. All sandwiches came with fries, slaw and a pickle. The sandwiches were great but I especially recommend the roast beef. Just be sure to like caraway seed as the bun is smothered in them. Prices are a bit steep but it is DC. Location is great. Service was very pleasant. If you find your self at the train station it is an especially convenient place to grab some food away from the station.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Why? It's the loudest pub my family has ever been to. Not just clapping and screaming, this place sounds like there's a mike at every table, amplifying conversation to the point where you do have to scream to talk to a tablemate. If this is your thing, have at it. The Shepards (their spelling) Pies were great, as were the Cashel Eggs. The Beet Sandwich was, perhaps the most pathetic veggie burger I have ever had. Fries were limp and oily. Seating, when we were told 5 - 10 minutes, took half an hour, and we were all seated only when we were ready to leave. And my Black and Tan was black, only -- they don't take the time to do them right here. A pretend Irish pub, like most.