“Hearty Sandwiches”
Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
Ranked #7 of 192 Nightlife in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We went there late on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The fish and chips smelled wonderful but I wasn't in the mood for fried food so we all stuck with the sandwiches. We had the Roast Beef (basically a French Dip), the Reuben and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. All sandwiches came with fries, slaw and a pickle. The sandwiches were great but I especially recommend the roast beef. Just be sure to like caraway seed as the bun is smothered in them. Prices are a bit steep but it is DC. Location is great. Service was very pleasant. If you find your self at the train station it is an especially convenient place to grab some food away from the station.

All reviews
"near union station"
in 5 reviews
"monte cristo sandwich"
in 2 reviews
"ordered the corned beef"
"capital building"
"across the street"
"metro"

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Why? It's the loudest pub my family has ever been to. Not just clapping and screaming, this place sounds like there's a mike at every table, amplifying conversation to the point where you do have to scream to talk to a tablemate. If this is your thing, have at it. The Shepards (their spelling) Pies were great, as were the Cashel Eggs. The Beet Sandwich was, perhaps the most pathetic veggie burger I have ever had. Fries were limp and oily. Seating, when we were told 5 - 10 minutes, took half an hour, and we were all seated only when we were ready to leave. And my Black and Tan was black, only -- they don't take the time to do them right here. A pretend Irish pub, like most.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We were utterly disgusted with the service and quality of food here.
I was served a green mould brioche bun for my main meal. After noticing, I immediately got the attention of the host. Who said she would get my server.
The server came over to offer a replacement meal- put off completely I declined and asked for the dish to be removed from our bill. This was met with an 'ok' and she walked off. No apology at all.
We requested the bill and left.

1  Thank stuey15
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

It's so hard to find places to eat when you
are around all the government buildings
But we found this near the Capital Building
I had Shepherds Pie. Hubby had fish & chips. Got to sit outside so that was nice