Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM - 3:00 AM

from US$ 25.00
from US$ 99.00
from US$ 25.00
More Info
All reviews shepherds pie phoenix park hotel authentic irish pub guinness burger monte cristo sandwich capital building across the street usa
Reviewed 1 week ago

We were lucky and had a mild, sunny November day to sit outside with a view of Columbus Circle and Union Station. We had just visited the National Postal Museum and were planning to walk the National Museum of the American Indian. I had read about this restaurant's Auld Dubliner Amber Ale and wanted to try it. We had had a large breakfast that morning and just shared a House Special Salad but I did try the Ale and it was quite good. The waiter was friendly and efficient and as stated, the view was wonderful. We hope to try this restaurant again on a future and try more of the offered fare.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Solid food and drinks, I had Irish Stew and Guinness! A long way though from really feeling like part of the Emerald Isle!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We walked from the other side of Washington to have a drink here to be told the vacant tables were for dinner only! When we asked if there were any bar stools at the end we were told we could check! Having come from NYC and drank in many Irish bars across the world this has to be the all time worst! Do yourself a favour avoid this one and hop next door to the Irish Times where you are told to grab a seat and get a drink!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was recommended to us as we were here on business. It is a busy place and just a tad bit crowded but definitely worth it! I had the Shepard’s Pie and it definitely hit the spot. To my surprise it was bigger than I expected. I was absolutely full after finishing it. The Shepherd's Pie consisted of beef, lamb, onion, peas, carrots, Guinness gravy, & champ potatoes.
Our server’s name was Joe. He was very straight forward and direct, but also helpful and friendly. He always made sure we were doing well and looked after us. He had an Irish accent which was actually cool in an Irish restaurant. Overall Joe was awesome, as was the restaurant.
I will recommend this place if I know people visiting and if I lived here I would visit often. The selection of food and drinks was abundant. Give it a try!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Place is pleasant, food is good and price is reasonable! Waitresses are very kind and helpful always willing to a good service!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We had a very nice dinner at the Dubliner. It was busy and there was Irish music. My wife had the Sauteed Halibut special, which was a large piece of fish well prepared. It is hard to get good Halibut at only $20. My Haddock fish and Chips were just okay by comparison. Our server with a heavy Irish accent was very good.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

A close try at an authentic Irish pub. The decor was interesting. The food was just okay and moderately priced.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Not super impressed with this place. The atmosphere is decent, but the food we ordered was not great at all. Bland and boring. I would not recommend coming here if you want a good meal.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Popped in for dinner before returning to Baltimore on the train. First impressions were very good with a buzzing atmosphere inside. We wanted a little less noise so chose to eat outside. This is where the problems started. I think our servers name was Patrick.....dark hair.....beard....spectacles.....I only make this point as the other servers outside were polite and helpful.
Anyway.....our server offered us a special beer ......not being familiar with this brew I asked “is it hoppy”......shouted response was “ you want coffee”......I wrote this off to an accent issue as I am English and ordered a different beer.
The table next to us who arrived within a few minutes of us had made the same server aware that they were Under time pressure and needed to be finished within the hour to catch a train.
Our server seemed very confused about what table had ordered what food.....we saw our food come out and disappear.....we finally gained our server’s attention and he grudgingly brought our food.
On a positive note....the food was ok.
After about an hour we were finishing up and getting ready to leave and had paid our check. The table next to us finally became fed up with waiting and left........2 minutes later their food came out and Patrick seemed confused....again....about what was going on......I got his attention and simply said “they left a couple of minutes ago”
Our server didn’t seem to comprehend what had happened and aggressively said “what”.........I repeated my explanation and was greeted with the response “you are interrupting my conversation with my colleague”.
Unbelievable!!!!!
I really don’t expect to be spoken to like that when trying to be helpful and regrettably suggested that the server seek a different career as he was clearly not cut out for what he was currently doing.......at this point he retorted “ you should go”...
I asked him to repeat what he said and he ignored me.
My wife and I then left.
At this point I would like to apologise to the 2 young ladies at reception.....I vented my disgust to them ....I wasn’t their fault and I should have asked to see the manager....”sorry ladies”

Our server was clearly not on his game this evening and ruined our night......perhaps he was not feeling well.....maybe he is on medication either prescribed or not....I don’t know...but there is no excuse.....maybe a random drug/alcohol test would benefit the establishment to prevent this in the future.

Will not be returning which is a shame as the food and beer were good.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

You got to try their menu and especially their fish and chips and just cool down from all the sightseeing tours around the Capital town of USA. My husband and I had a great time couple of nights we were staying at the area. Enjoyed the music and the nice atmosphere around the bar!