“Hipster Fun” 3 of 5 bubbles

55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Hipster Fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Very diverse crowd. Lots of fun. Been there before to the upstairs for dance parties but this was my first time in the back corner bar. Had a good time. I absolutely love the diversity of the crowd this venue invites. Lots of fun.

Visited November 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Georgetown, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“i agree - door man a jerl!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

all i could think about while my favorite band was playing - ra ra riot - was how rude the doorman was. i'm turning 21 in less than a month, but the show that we went to was 18 +. meaning it shouldn't matter that i'm under 21. he asked us for ids and i handed mine over, and obviously it says that i'm not 21. duh. he rolled his eyes at me and got close to my face saying loudly, "ok kid, what are you doing here?" and said to the girl behind the will call counter, "they're underage". um, duh. i know that, dude. i was so shocked! and then he said " i need to check your bag" and i was like, "sure!" and i was holding my bottle of water in my hand. he snatched it out of my hand, ripped the cap off, and smelled it! i didn't know what to say! he was like, "is there alcohol in this?" and i was like, uhh no, it's water. dasani water. like it says on the bottle. you can taste it if you want....but that's kind of gross. so he handed it to another girl who smelled it, and she asked me "is there alcohol in this?" and i said "it's water" and she repeated more slowly, like i was retarded and not a double major pre-med & international politics SFS student at Georgetown University, "IS THERE ALCOHOL IN THIS?" and i said, no, it's water. i thought to myself, i thought water by definition did not include alcohol, but perhaps this little twit is smarter than me but would rather work at the black cat than get a degree and a real job. honestly, though, i was nothing but nice to these people throughout this whole mini-ordeal, particularly because i was so surprised by there behavior! but, TO TOP IT ALL OFF, the girl at will call handed over our tickets and drew two HUGE black Xs on each hand, threatened to kick us out if we tried to buy alcohol or wash off the marks, and said to some guy by the door, "babysit them, they're underage".

and she was serious. this guy literally followed me and my friend around all night. he stood behind us. he waited for us outside of the bathroom. what, did he think i was going to do coke lines off the toilet paper dispenser or something? GOD! like i was a criminal because i wasn't 21! jesus! all i'll remember about that show was how [-] those people made me feel!

2 Thank allie101589
dc
“one good time one not so good time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

i have been to the black cat twice. the first time was great. nice low key night. not too many people. staff was fine.

second time i went the doorman was really rude.

i mean i get it. doormen are suppose to give you some tude. so you don't "mess" with them. but if he does it again i might complain to management or some higher power.

washington, dc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Doorman on a power trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2007

The man at the door was really rude. My friend's driver's license expired ten minutes before we got to the door (because it had been her birthday night) and he treated us like trash before turning us away. Real punk! Not worth the trash they hire.

2 Thank cappuccinoqueen