All reviews nationals park nationals game washington nationals capitol hill front desk marine barracks green line courtyard marriott baseball stadium metro station parking garage within walking distance minute walk would definitely stay here again convenient location king suite few blocks
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Stayed here in the spring (2017) for several nights. Great location if you are going to Nationals stadium or anything in the Yards area (they do festivals and such there). There are a few restaurants/pubs nearby and a Harris Teeter supermarket a few blocks away. The Navy Yard stop on the Green line Metro was a block and a half...very easy walk.

It was expensive - but that’s DC for you….$50/day to park, $35/day in taxes. There is a Starbucks actually in the Lobby, as well as a lounge type area opposite it with a small bar and a fireplace with lots of chairs around - always seemed to be people around (both tourists and business folks).

I found the hotel average-to-sub-par in most ways - cleanliness, maid service, front desk, etc. I typically like the Marriott brand, but this property fell short for me. Also, had a billing issue and it took over 15 phone calls, multiple emails to get it resolved - totally unacceptable for a hotel chain this large and well known. And was made to feel like they 'did me a favor' by giving me Marriott points for my 'trouble'.... very frustrated and annoyed, NOTE: The gentleman who worked as the cook/food service in the evenings was a VERY hard worker who i saw every night hurrying to cook/serve.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bam77-bam77
Ebony M, General Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to you regarding your billing issue during your stay. We unfortunately dropped the ball on handling your issue and I will be sure to address this with my team. I am however glad you were able to enjoy the area and the restaurants and sites near by.

It is my hope that should your travels bring you back to DC in the near future, you will give us another opportunity to show you our best Marriott service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Warm Regards,

Ebony Moore

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is in a great location close to the metro and waterfront. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel is very clean.
We are from Colorado and this was a great place to stay because it is in a good location and only a block from the metro which is really good after a long day of walking. We were typical tourists and wanted to see all the touristy things and the awesome people who work here especially Yesemia, Jonesse, and Ronnie were very welcoming and had great suggestions while we were there. They were very attentive and make really good drinks and food. They were very helpful and told us where the best restaurants were and how to get there which can be difficult if you are not use to a busy city and/or riding a train. They told us where to shop, what to see besides all the touristy places, and where to eat. They all went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying both our stay in the hotel and the city. They added so much to our experience that this will be the only place we stay when we go back to DC.
Thank you to Yesemia, Jonesse, and Ronnie.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Carreen P

Thank you for staying with us and giving us a 5 star rating! Our future travelers truly appreciate your advice regarding location, and our amenities. We are glad to hear that Yesemia, Jonesse, and Ronnie were helpful and also provided you with exceptional service. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to each of them and the rest of the team, their goal is always to provide great customer service to all of our guest.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This hotel was in a great location. Walking distance to several restaurants and the Washington Nationals Ballpark. The hotel is an older hotel. They do not have a makeup light, which I really missed. The map they handed out was great, except you couldn't read the street names. We also got a list of highly recommended places to eat, by the staff, which was nice.... they know what is good around the area! I would definitely stay there again! Friendly staff and I slept great!

Room tip: Pick any room - you are located in a great area!
Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to ensure that we are providing a flawless and memorable stay. Our team works hard at providing each and every guest with exceptional service. I'm glad your were able to enjoy the area while staying with us. If your travels bring you back during the holiday season don't forget to check out Canal Park Ice Rink located next to the hotel.

Thank you again and we hope to see your back here at the Courtyard Marriott Capital Hill/Navy Yard.

Ebony Moore
Courtyard by Marriott
Capital Hill/Navy Yard

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Four of us stayed here for several days in mid-September. This is an up and coming neighborhood, with lots of new restaurants, and easy access to the metro (one block away). As some of the other rooms noted, this is a great location if you're here for a ball game; an easy walk to the park. (We weren't but lots of folks from LA wearing Dodgers stuff obvious were.)
The hotel is pretty new, too (we were guessing about 3 years old), so it is still pretty fresh. We had a nice king room on in a corner where the building is round (see the photo for this listing) so the room was a bit larger than most, and also a little odd shaped, but it was very comfortable.
Prices seemed a bit lower than if you were directly downtown, so it was a good deal.
My only quibble is the parking garage, while in the same building, has a quite inconvenient scheme for getting in and out involving scanning a small piece of very lose-able paper plus a valet thereafter.
Per most Courtyards, this has a Starbucks in it for coffee, but it also serves actual breakfast if you're in the mood.
We anticipate returning (this was already a return trip for some of us.)

Room tip: A bit higher, and on the corner seemed good.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My first business trip to Washington D.C. And this hotel is nice very close to work and activities so many great places to eat can't list them all rooms are very nice and very clean staff has been fantastic

Trip type: Travelled on business