“Best meal and service we had all weekend in DC!”

Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 3,751 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the heart of Logan Circle, along 14th Street, is the busiest arts and dining scene in the nation's capital. Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant, at the heart of it all, between Q and R streets, brings a mix of old and new-world elegance to the rowhouses and Victorians that line this historic neighborhood. Start the evening with a glass of wine at the bar or enjoy tapas in our open dining space or beautiful private room. For those who enjoy dining under the setting sun or a canopy of stars, our expansive and lush courtyard has an outdoor fireplace and offers a glimpse of 14th Street's vibrant street traffic.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were in DC for the March for our Lives event and we chose this restaurant for our main dinner Saturday night, right after the march. Even though there were close to 1 million people in DC and they were BUSY, they sat us right away upon arrival even though we did not have reservations. The service was impeccable! The food? These are some of the best tapas I've ever had. They brought us this delicious warm bread that was crispy on the outside and so soft inside. The first tapa arrived within minutes, we were shocked, especially given how crowded the restaurant was. We ordered: ham/manchego croquettes, patatas bravas, hangar steak with truffle sauce, potato pie (tortilla espanola) and pulpo. The hangar steak was out of this world, the tortilla was light and fluffy and warm and the croquettes and patatas were also very good. We only had problems with the pulp (octopus) as it came in extremely spicy. They took it back and brought back another serving without any spices. It was so tender and so tasty! Even the soft drinks tasted better than anywhere else. We would definitely be back the next time we are in DC.

1  Thank Wilma R

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I came here for an afternoon (3:30 PM) drink after a late lunch so did not get the opportunity to taste dishes off their regular menu. While I have heard of the "Social Hour" (= Happy Hour, until 6 PM) the waiter did not offer this menu. He only produced it after I actually asked for it. While the wine was fine I find the tapas dishes on offer lack creativity thus boring in both taste and presentation. I pricing is not particularly attractive either for what was served. However, the crusty bread was quite lovely and came out piping hot. I suggest to re-think the Social Hour dishes as well better train the wait staff to be less aggressive in wanting the client to order. Over the course of two hours, and to be asked "anything else?" and "that's all" after each drink (we had seven drinks and four dishes total) is excessively rude. I'm much less inclined to return to try dishes off the main menu if this is my introduction to the restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Simply google, 'Barcelona on 14th St. NW" and you'll get the vibe. Chic without having your credit card crushed. Was there during the DC 'March for our lives." Crowded for a Friday happy hour.... understandable given the event. Reservations a must. Try to get Wellesley as your server... incredible hospitality.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I don't typically write reviews but Barcelona Wine bar is certainly deserving of one. A friend and I were visiting D.C for a show at the Anthem yesterday and needed good food and drinks (hay) before..I searched through the endless suggestions & found the menu of Barcelona to be spot on. When we arrived around 4:45, the place was slammed. That did not deter the gentlem(e)n seating guests from being super attentive and enthusiastic. Legit felt like they gave a bunch of cares about us despite the crowd. Surprisingly, we were immediately offered the 2 seats at the bar by the open kitchen to wait for a table that would be opening up shortly but we decided we liked the open kitchen view and stayed in our seats.

We were served by a few different people who were all ridiculously attentive, caring, kind, happy & so memorable. We ordered the Squid Ink Fideos, Brussel Sprouts & Truffle Whipped Sheep Cheese to share....& with the amazing selection of wine, we both got 2 glasses of red (of the cab franc, malbec, temperanillo variety).

Expectations: exceeded. Like, I don't even know what else to say other than we are so happy we did not turn away at the site of the crowd & I can't wait to visit D.C again solely to visit Barcelona Wine Bar. Food, perfect. Wine, amazing. Staff, incredible and I love them all.

Good job guys.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The crowd and energy here is pretty amazing. Your first thought maybe to turn around, but you also know that all these people are here for a good reason. There were couples there but more in the way of small and medium sized groups. We had a corner table which was perfect. It is nicely laid out and in mild weather the front courtyard is probably the place to be. It's gets noisy inside, even though the bar area is apart from the two good size dining areas. And it was jammed as those without reservation end up eating at the high tables there.

The menu is a very nice cross section of various categories. The calamari was wonderful, light on the batter and very tender. The pan fried sardines were something of a surprise as I am used to the smallish ones (ala the can). There were only two in the order and they were quite a good size. This means the bones are bigger and for some people on the bubble it might be a bit to much. I loved them and they were as tender and flavorful as could be and eating them whole was still not a big deal.
We had Chorizo and another skewered meat dish as well as hummus etc.

The wine list was fantastic. I'm in California wine country and travel a lot and have yet to see a wine list wit Uruguayan wines. S. Amer. Spain, Fra. and Cal. were all represented over a good range as far as price point is concerned.
We lingered for two hours and when we left at 11 on a Sat. night, the place was still completely full, with people waiting???
Go back in a heartbeat, a GREAT value!!

1  Thank broshow