“Best meal we had on the mall! ”

Pavilion Cafe at the Sculpture Garden
Ranked #267 of 3,555 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Federal Triangle
Description: The Pavilion Cafe is found amidst the casual elegance of the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. A Jazz Garden Restaurant Café in Washington DC in the summer, a winter wonderland of ice skating in the winter.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Price: super affordable!
Service: quick, helpful, friendly
Food: delicious! We had the flatbread, and a salad
Atmosphere: wonderful!

We stopped here for a drink, and decided to eat lunch after seeing the options and prices! Much more affordable than other cafes nearby at the Smithsonian’s and the castle cafe.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Downton DC has a lot of restaurants (and food trucks during the day) expect lengthy visit (are you in DC to eat) or the poor quality in the latter. Smithsonian cafe has a bit of payback to the SI as well.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We were looking for a quick lunch while museum hopping. A lot of the museums' cafeterias were closed, so we saw this option and thought it was best to stop while we could. We thought it would be a quick meal, similar to a Panera with soups, salads, and sandwiches. I was wrong on one thing - it was not very quick. I waiting in line and ordered pretty quickly, but the kitchen was way behind on making food. After I ordered and got a buzzer, we waited almost 30 minutes for our food. At this point my kids were thirsty and starving, so I didn't like that we didn't get our fruit, chips, or drinks to at least start on while waiting on the food. That was the only downside. The food came and it was AMAZING! I had the southwest salad (as recommended by the cashier - the Asian salad also looked so tasty!) and it was life-changing! Lol. I eat lots of southwest style salads and this was by far the most flavorful, delicious one I've had! My husband had the bacon gouda sandwich and it was rather tasty, too. Everything was a bit pricey for it being a counter-service type restaurant. However, the gentleman who busses the tables was helpful, friendly, and very efficient. I would definitely go back here for lunch, but have better expectations about the time-frame for service.

1  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The Pavilion Cafe is a beautiful glass structure with some outdoor dining options which overlooks the sculpture garden. This is your stop if you are looking for something other than the hot dog vendors - strawberry and spinach salads, veggie wraps, quinoa salads... There are also a few interesting sandwich options, as well as soups. The prices are reasonable given the location, with most options being in the $10-12 range.

1  Thank The_Midtowner
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Excellent service, wonderful hot food on a very cold and snowy day. Great spot to watch those ice-skating outside.

1  Thank QueenslandGirl2010