“Reviewing the food truck -- great meat, lackluster veggie dishes.”
Review of Fasika's Ethiopian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Neighbourhood: Adams Morgan
Neighbourhood: Adams Morgan
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I went to the food truck in Farragut square. There was also only one meat choice -- Key Wot (also known as Kai Wot) -- though it was very, very delicious. The gomen (collards) and lentils both lacked seasoning and spice that Ethiopian food usually features. The injera (bread) was soft and fresh. If this is any judge of the restaurant food, I'd say that there are many other Ethiopian restaurants in DC that are far more delicious. I also think some of the food trucks have a better slate of options. I'd go again if I had a hankering for Ethiopian but would probably find my default spot elsewhere.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Ethiopian cuisine, but it was really quite lovely. The food had these great exotic flavors that blended well. The music was region specific, and it was a good time.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

When my wife and I found this restaurant we walked in and were not sure how to react. Four or five small tables and something in the back with a counter. When we received our food, it was probably the best and most daring Ethiopian I have had in years. Perfect Gored Gored and other raw dishes, all the traditional veggies and sauces along with mounds of excellent injura. The neighborhood reflects the residents, the restaurants and the culture. If you like the real deal, well there you are!

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Great food and service. Wonderful ethnic restaurant.