My husband and I stayed at this hotel with ten HS seniors. From the time of arranging the reservation, through our stay and the follow-up after our stay, everyone I dealt with was top notch. Crystal was very accommodating, informative and helpful when making the reservations.
Upon arrival, throughout our stay and during check-out all hotel personnel we came into contact with were polite and helpful. We were greeted with a friendly hello every time we passed the front desk. The cleaning staff extended a good morning daily and the staff working the breakfast area were friendly and personable each morning.
One morning Rachel was very helpful in providing information on the best way to travel via public transportation. She was sure to give us a local map and wrote out notes for us to take with us.
The rooms were spotless and fully serviced daily. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast provided anything anyone could want and it was always fully stocked with hot and cold cereal, eggs, pastries, bagels, assorted juices, tea, coffee, fresh fruit, craisans and almonds for oatmeal, make your own waffles and sausage.
The students used the fitness room which was open 24 hrs. and the pool. They enjoyed both and both were clean and well maintained.
If I had a complaint/suggestion it would be that the room doors are noisy when closing. I tried to close mine very gently, but it still made a loud bang.
This hotel is easily accessible if you are traveling to DC via public transportation. It is a 15 minute walk to Union Station. Other choices are to take a cab or to take the DC Circulator (Georgetown) which departs from Union Station and drops off just up the road from the hotel.
I don't have anything to compare this hotel to in DC, but I think it would be difficult to find a more accommodating staff, cleaner and comfortable hotel and a better breakfast that the Hampton Inn at 901 6th St NW offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn