“Local place”
Review of Al Crostino

Al Crostino
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Crostino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #852 of 3,559 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: U Street Corridor
Description: Family-operated, Al Crostino is an intimate Italian restaurant located in Washington D.C. That exudes a 'la famiglia' atmosphere. This Neapolitan family offers a collection of flavorsome dishes, priding themselves on their homemade pasta, fresh fish, desserts, and their assortment of exquisite Italian wines.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We ate here this evening. Small family owned & run Italian restaurant. I almost never give 5* in every category however this place was wonderful. Service, food everything. If we lived in DC we would be regulars. Definitely worth trying it out.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Went on a recommendation and were not disappointed. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food selection was limited but our choices were good. Portions were small by American standards and quite expensive. It is more of a special occasion venue.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We celebrated a friend's birthday here and had a great experience. The upstairs was reserved for the party, including the upstairs bar. The menu had VERY authentic Italian food so hard to chose. I was tempted to simply order two appetizers, the oven-roasted octopus with arugula and cold sliced veal looked delicious (one of the guests raved about the veal). I ordered the braised short ribs over sauteed peas and was very pleased with the taste -- the serving is very ample. The peas were exceptional and the short rib meat very moist. My spouse ordered the swordfish with salad and said he was pleasantly surprised that it never got tough. We met the chef and her apprentice daughter and complimented them on a great restaurant.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Al Crostino is just one block off of bustling U Street, and it's easy to walk right past its unassuming exterior if you don't keep your eyes peeled. Walk through the entrance, and you're met with a cozy, bright dining room, friendly staff, and simple, modern decor. The wine list and menu both have some excellent options (I started with a smoked salmon appetizer and then had the maltagliati al funghi pasta for my entree--both very good!), and portion sizes are perfect. Dessert was a little underwhelming and lacking flavor (I had the tiramisu) but my dinner companion's ricotta cheesecake was a bit more flavorful. Overall, Al Crostino is definitely worth a visit for a cozy dinner date or a meal with friends. Be sure to make reservations--especially for larger parties--as the small dining room tends to fill up quickly during peak times.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Selected this restaurant after my son had tried it via Uber Eats. He ranted and raved so much about the octopus he ordered, he insisted he wanted to experience it first-hand. Glad we did! Wonderful experience! Warm and friendly staff happy to assist with food choices. Cozy atmosphere. I had the eggplant parm, my hubby had the spaghetti and meatballs and my son had a chicken special.....and of course we had the octopus appetizer. Delicious!