“I liked it!”

Eddie's Cafe Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #960 of 3,559 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I'm not sure why Eddie's gets such abysmal ratings on Yelp because I really liked the place. I recently stayed at the Omni Shoreham hotel, wanted Chinese food and didn't want to walk far or dine-in, so I went to Eddie's. I ordered the shrimp lo mein, paid, and waited outside on the patio. Not even 5 minutes later my order was ready. The shrimp lo mein was some of the best I've had and only cost like $10.50. I will gladly visit Eddie's again if I return to the Woodley Park area.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Seriously! The size of a big kitchen! Take out or you can sit outside. No inside tables. Good flavor but not the best chinese I've had. Good value. Cheapest meal in the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We discovered Eddie's via TripAdvisor and decided to try it out while we were staying at the Omni Shoreham. We were able to go on their website, review the entire menu, place an order for pickup online, and have our food back to our room in probably 30 minutes total, the majority of the time being our own dithering about what to order off a menu where everything sounded delicious.

One good tip we got from TripAdvisor was to MAKE SURE YOU GET UTENSILS if you are doing take-out. Fortunately the cashier offered to add forks and spoons to the bag, so I didn't have to remember to ask. There is outdoor seating, but inside is nothing but a cashier counter and the kitchen, so take-out is the way to go if you can.

Service was quick and friendly, prices were a good value, and portions were generous. We got the Moo Goo Gai Pan, which was very good, and the Hunan Stuffed Chicken, which was spicy but not unbearable. We had leftovers for days.

We will probably do Eddie's again if given the chance rather than going to Chipotle next door, which was a big disappointment. Hope this is helpful.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stopped here for take out on the way back to my hotel. I ordered the Moo Gu Gai Pan- which was piping hot and pretty tasty. And a lot less expensive than some of the crummy meals I paid a tone for that week.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We loved this little restaurant that's close to the Omni. Reasonably priced, nice staff, quick service, fresh food, and apparently loved by the Secret Service.

1  Thank Sharon B