“Great service takes Le Diplomate over the top”
Review of Le Diplomate

Le Diplomate
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Diplomate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,705 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I went to Le Diplomate for a friend's birthday. We got a table for 8 in a semi-private area of the restaurant. The service was top notch, with the staff refilling drinks, delivering food and all the rest with perfect timing and minimal intrusion. I was so impressed. And the food was excellent. The Beef Bourguignon was delicious. I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We were here for breakfast. Very good food and service. Best bacon I have ever had. Eggs were exceptional. Only drawback is the high prices but nonetheless a great place for breakfast.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is a very popular brunch location for good reason. I went with seven other people and there was not a single complaint. I ordered the omelette and I have been trying to replicate it every since. I highly recommend stopping by for their brunch.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

A big thank you to the staff at Le Diplomate. The managers were on the floor very actively making sure everyone’s meals were going well. Filling water glasses, folding napkins, serving food and drinks and following up with the tables.

Food was top notch, tasty, nicely served and beautifully presented. Couldn’t have asked for more. We had the onion soup, done grad and green salad, followed by the boeuf bourguignon. All excellent. Then a selection of 3 cheeses. To note is their cheese portions are very generous compared to other French restaurants. The restaurant on a Friday night was energetic and busy.

A special thank you to the front desk check in hosts and floor managers for going out of their way to find us a suitable table after being asked to be moved twice. They accommodate our request with professionalism and politeness.

They do what they do very well. A special shout out to Eva Torres who made us feel very welcome and engaged with us in a lovely conversation.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Le Diplomate is located in Georgetown, just a 20 minutes drive from Pennsylvania Avenue area in Washington.
The place is cozy, romantic and French specialities are a delightful experience.
It is definitely a most when visiting Washington (either for business or pleasure).
Escargots and duck are options within la carte that you should not miss!