“I don't care for French food But I love this Place! Foie Gras to Die For!! Great Place to Celebrate”
Review of Le Diplomate

Le Diplomate
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Diplomate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,707 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We love Le Diplomate and have celebrated many events here -- 65th birthday, 90th birthday, engagements, New Year's Eve -- because the ambiance is lovely, the food is delicious, and the service is good. I don't eat carbs but I make an exception when I come here because the bread is amazing.
French food is not my favorite food but I make an exception and come here. The trout meuniere is excellent, as is the coq au vin. However, I could come and just have the foie gras which is spectacular as is the French onion soup.
You can't go wrong by eating here.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Make brunch reservations and make them way before you plan to go. Service 5 star and food prepared with skill and love.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We started with the shellfish tower. It was amazing. So much choices of amazing seafood. That set us up for a nice rich dinner. I had the beef Bourguignon. As always, rich and warming and so deep with all-day-cooked flavor. Other diners went with the classic burger and loved it as always.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday Brunch, there was an hour+ wait but we were offered immediate seating outside under the heaters with blankets. We took it!
Our server was very kind & mildly attentive; after our food was served we did not see much of her.
I ordered the Beef Bourguignon & my friend ordered the eggs Benedict. I also had sparkling water & a glass of dry sparkling rosé.
The Beef Bourguignon was rich, tasty & filling. I would have liked more sauce, there was barely any on the dish (see picture). The eggs Benedict looked tasty & my friend had no complaints.
I would dine here again because it's very close to my friends condo off 14th St. I would not make a special trip to D.C. for this restaurant but the food was good!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Was in DC for business and a co-worker I was with had been here before and wanted to go back. We were lucky enough to be able to make reservations for Tuesday when we got in town on Monday. Even though the time of our reservation was not perfect (5:15) we went ahead and just planned an early dinner. The food was excellent as was the service. Highly recommend you make reservation next time you are in town and enjoy !!