“Great food, awesome location”
Review of The Hamilton

The Hamilton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hamilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 3,704 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: A short walk from either the McPherson Square or Metro Center station along the Red, Orange and Blue Lines.
Description: The Hamilton is a 37,000 square feet, 500-seat restaurant and live entertainment venue offering three dining rooms, three bars and a sushi bar. The restaurant offers seasonal and regional American cuisine, for brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, as well as a sushi menu. The Hamilton Live is the lower level 300-seat live music and entertainment venue offering nightly entertainment from local, national and international musicians.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Met my sister for lunch here in February while she was in town for a conference. Convenient location and the burgers were terrific! The place is huge and felt like I needed a map to get around.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stopped in for lunch halfway through our self guided walking tour. It was spring break and the national mall was packed. Old Ebbit Grill had a line out the door. Luckily for us our local aunt suggested The Hamilton, which was right around the corner. The spacious, multi room bar and dining areas were full of dark wood paneling and bright oil paintings. The service was attentive and prompt. The menu was large and diverse, while the food, from the steak frittes to grilled octopus, was amazing. My 10 and 12 year-old's favorite meal of the trip.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have dinner at The Hamilton with colleagues for years. Something has gone dreadfully wrong in the past year. We like the place because of its rotating fresh menu, solid cocktail menu, and comfortable seating. In fact, we'll typically spend $100 per person to have business meals here (entrees are in the $25 per plate range, steaks closer to $45, so with a couple of drinks, an appetizer, and dessert it makes for a nice night out that's not pricey by DC standards). I ordered a wedge salad as a starter, the NY strip medium learning towards medium well, the blue cheese potatoes, and had wanted bread pudding for dessert. My wedge didn't come until I was halfway through with my main course, my steak was burned - not well done - burned. The potatoes were of various doneness, mostly because their prep cut was so didn't varied. My colleague ordered similarly. His appetizer was not delivered until after his main was served and it took 30 minutes to get a second glass of wine served. Nonetheless, the company was good and we opted to give dessert a try - as we'd enjoyed years of good food here, perhaps the pastry chef was on his/her game. We asked for dessert menus, but alas, didn't get to order as our checks were delivered shortly thereafter. We knee when we weren't wanted as customers, paid and left, which was a shame as we're well dress and mannered business people who drop in a couple of times a year. It won't happen again.

1  Thank easystreets1
Reviewed 3 April 2018

A friend recommended this restaurant and I'm glad I made a reservation well in advance! We were there during spring break and it was very crowded. Make a rez well in advance if you know you are going during a busy time. We didn't have to wait for our reservation long, the food and cocktails were so good! The restaurant is HUGE!! Very large dining area, large bar area and then live music downstairs! We didn't stay for that because we had tweens with us. But this is a MUST if you are in DC!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great food great drinks reasonable prices everyone gets along staff are great. Always had fun never a bad experience.